Deesdale Road, (Now owned by Peter BB)

Andrew P

Another superb layout of yours, I see :) I suppose that not having a sky-painted backboard makes operation a lot more clear for the operators. Are the figures wearing the high-vis jackets from the Bachmann range and are the CCTV cameras scratch-built? I'm currently on the hunt for figures (and CCTV cameras) myself.

Andy.

Hi Andy, yes on both counts, the figures are from Bachmann and I made the cameras from bits of scrap and a bit of wire.

Hi Andy, yes on both counts, the figures are from Bachmann and I made the cameras from bits of scrap and a bit of wire.

I see. Thanks for the info.

Andy.

Edited by AlmereRoadTMD

Hi All since my last posting my operators and I have been chatting again, and it looks like Deesdale could end up as a roundy roundy layout to give even better operation. Simon is convinced it is the way forward so we will see.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Andrew, agreed that a roundy roundy would be good but looking at the kit that others bring in we will need to use two cars + to transport but timing roundy roundy with shunting will make things really interesting! Cheers, PeterBB

Andrew, agreed that a roundy roundy would be good but looking at the kit that others bring in we will need to use two cars + to transport but timing roundy roundy with shunting will make things really interesting! Cheers, PeterBB

Thanks Peter, yes anoyjer idea could be to incorporate the legs to fold up inside to save the room in the car that the tressells take up. Or take smaller opperators, ha ha. :sungum:

Thanks Peter, yes anoyjer idea could be to incorporate the legs to fold up inside to save the room in the car that the tressells take up. Or take smaller opperators, ha ha. :sungum:

Hi Andy

Would rule me out as a operator then.

Peter

Can you please take a picture of the whole layout in one picture? At 17' its probably hard to fit it all in though!

Andy.

Hi Andy, Not a problem except that I cant set it up at home now as there is not enough room in my 9ft Den. The next time I will have it errected will be to check it out ready for its next outing at the Misdland Railex on 11th ./ 12th August so it will be set up in the club room a couple of weeks before for a clean and a running ssession to check it all still works. If I can find a full lengthe pic in my archivers I will post it on here for you so keep an eye out.. You never know another R.M Member may have taken one at a show. Model Rail did a photo shoot just before Christmas but I don't think there was a full length one in with those. All the best Andy, (the other one ha ha ).

• Like 1

Hi Andy, Not a problem except that I cant set it up at home now as there is not enough room in my 9ft Den. The next time I will have it errected will be to check it out ready for its next outing at the Misdland Railex on 11th ./ 12th August so it will be set up in the club room a couple of weeks before for a clean and a running ssession to check it all still works. If I can find a full lengthe pic in my archivers I will post it on here for you so keep an eye out.. You never know another R.M Member may have taken one at a show. Model Rail did a photo shoot just before Christmas but I don't think there was a full length one in with those. All the best Andy, (the other one ha ha ).

OK, thanks Andy no.1 :)

Andy.

Edited by AlmereRoadTMD

• 3 months later...

Now it is time to get Deesdale out and ready for the Midland Railex on 18th / 19th Aug, it has been some while since we last ran at a show so we are looking forward to getting it out again and running Modern Image for a day.

post-9335-0-49939800-1343304487_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Cheers Peter, Cheers Guy, yes the fueling point sits in front of the left hand fiddle yard and works very well both as a photographic point and as a light engine movement from the right hand fiddle yard along the layout.

• 3 weeks later...

HI All, well the layout is set up in the clubroom ready for the Railway Modeller photo shoot on Thursday 16th by Steve Flint. It was also the chance for a re clean ready for the Midland Railex and I have made the dession this evening to let Deesdale go to a new home. One of our club members Peter BB will take delivery of it after this weekend, luckilly as one of our most respected opperators Peter is aware of it shortcomings and I am pleased it will have a good and usefull retirement. I will post my final set of pics after the weekend and I have some really happy memories of its build and developement over the last couple of years. Deesdale's replacement, Fiddlers Yard is having its baseboards made, and a new thread for that will be started in due course. Thanks to all the people who have posted comments of encouragement on here and to all the rest of you who have kept your thoughts to yourselves, ha ha ha. Cheers for now Andy.

Blimey Andy you were up early this morning, l have watched Deesdale road grow and grow from a single baseboard to what it is now, it has always been a crowd puller, including me, it is a cracking modern image layout in every sense, l will miss operating it as well, but as you say time to move on, l'm sure Peter will cherish it, in its retirement, looking forward to Fiddlers Yard................Regards George

Edited by georgeT

Hi Andy, just to echo georges reply, i also had the pleaseure of a small operating stint at MRL last year and it was great, a lovely layout which is right up my street in terms of size and style etc.

I am sure its new owner will have alot of fun with it and i look forward to the new project.

Any hints on what its going to be like???

Cheers

Hi Andy, just to echo georges reply, i also had the pleaseure of a small operating stint at MRL last year and it was great, a lovely layout which is right up my street in terms of size and style etc.

I am sure its new owner will have alot of fun with it and i look forward to the new project.

Any hints on what its going to be like???

Cheers

Hi Neil, still working on that, but I still miss Kingsmill! I have also seen a couple more plans at shows that have little bits that appeal. OR I MIGHT COPY DEEPING LANE ha hah hahahhaha

Hi Neil, still working on that, but I still miss Kingsmill! I have also seen a couple more plans at shows that have little bits that appeal. OR I MIGHT COPY DEEPING LANE ha hah hahahhaha

Ha ha ha ha that would be amazing if you did, would love to see someone else's perception on deeping lane and do it better than I did with more space and a longer board and put the Andy peters touch to it.

Look forward to seeing what you come up with mate

Mr. Mason! Give yourself more credit. Lol. Deeping was and is a cracker and I still to this day regret not taking it off your hands.

:D

Jack.

Hi Jack I will second that, I just wish I had the cash at the time. Deeping was a ONE OFF! and never to be emulated, such fine detail and superb running, and as always small is good, easy to transport easy to erect and east to get back in the car at the end of a hecktic weekend. So yes Mr M praise was and is still due. Andy.
  • Like 4

Mason you have been told! Haha!

Andrew I'm glad you agree and I still flick through the project thread and think what a lovely layout!

Deesdale road is a big inspiration too Andrew! Keep them coming ;)

Jack.

• Like 1