Hornby MK3 DVT

60maniac

As of today (Friday 22.01.10) Hornby's website still hasn't been updated with any schedule for January (or Feburary) 2010 releases.

The Hornby website and newletters are generally behind, much better waiting for Hattons etc to just list it.

Why should they 'come clean' about a mould issue? They had an internal delay, its not a safety critical appliance your waiting for..

Why should they 'come clean' about a mould issue? They had an internal delay, its not a safety critical appliance your waiting for..

A case of 'keeping the customer informed'. (The lady on the Hornby stand at Warley told me it would definately be out before Christmas 2009).

In view of the adverts in the last two editions of 'Rail Express' it was reasonble for me to expect that it was imminent.

I'm sure I'm not the only dissapointed punter out there.

A case of 'keeping the customer informed'. (The lady on the Hornby stand at Warley told me it would definately be out before Christmas 2009).

In view of the adverts in the last two editions of 'Rail Express' it was reasonble for me to expect that it was imminent.

I'm sure I'm not the only dissapointed punter out there.

The Hornby site and most shops normally inform you when it turns up, before then it isn't really that important.

The adverts for the 4-CEP from Bachmann turned up many months before the product.

Why be disappointed, it isn't cancelled, just think of the penny of interest you've probably not earned yet on the money you saved up ;)..

Personally I think its held back to get a full release of all the sets containing the DVTs in one go.

I am after two of these DVT's (aka DLV's) as I want the Virgin Trains and the ONE liveried variants to replace my Hurst Models versions with these as they are more updated and have lights fitted :). I was also told the same thing at Warley that these would be out in time for Xmas, but I hear rumours that there are problems at the factory or something, hence the delay.

Well lets hope that they come out soon in time for Spring ;).

The Hornby site and most shops normally inform you when it turns up, before then it isn't really that important.

The adverts for the 4-CEP from Bachmann turned up many months before the product.

Why be disappointed, it isn't cancelled, just think of the penny of interest you've probably not earned yet on the money you saved up wink.gif..

Personally I think its held back to get a full release of all the sets containing the DVTs in one go.

Some of the sets containing the DVT's were (nominal) 2009 releases, others including the 'Pretendolino' are 2010 (Third Quarter).

I am after two of these DVT's (aka DLV's) as I want the Virgin Trains and the ONE liveried variants to replace my Hurst Models versions with these as they are more updated and have lights fitted smile.gif. I was also told the same thing at Warley that these would be out in time for Xmas, but I hear rumours that there are problems at the factory or something, hence the delay.

Well lets hope that they come out soon in time for Spring wink.gif.

Nice to know some one agrees with me.biggrin.gif Similarly I want to replace my Mk4 DVT's dressed up in Virgin colours.

Anyway the advert in Feburary's Rail Express (RM70) says 'Out Now'!!!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Kernow model centre email stated they had the virgin one in stock, I also emailed rail express as my credit card has been charged for the management pack. They responded they had the virgin dvt and sent them out and are expecting the anglia version and the management pack in a week or 2.

cheers

mark

• RMweb Gold

The postie delivered my Virgin DVT on Saturday morning, with a card receipt from Rail Express charging me for two saying that the 'one' liveried example would follow in a couple of weeks.

I'll see if I can get some photos ofit this evening ifno one else has any.

Martin

Received mine Saturday in Virgin Livery, as 82150. Very nice it is too! couple of issues on the model, as I have raised on the DEMU forum.

Issues summed up are: Incorrect stripes, silver light shrouds, that should be black, rear buffers are too long, Rear window by door should be Black, not Silver, finally chassi sits a bit wonky on my sample at the front.

Pics of my model included..

NL

post-3095-126692430693_thumb.jpg

post-3095-126692432132_thumb.jpg

post-3095-126692433434_thumb.jpg

I thought the real 82150 has silver light shrouds?? still looks great I'm not to bothered about minor issues as long as it runs ok the headlights look good as well can't wait for my managers pack now

EDIT: it does DVT silver light shrouds l and all of them have it as far as I can see

Also, this picture shows the window surround next to the door is silver as per model: http://railfoto.fotopic.net/p4164728.html

• RMweb Gold

I didn't get round to uploading my photos last night, but here are a few of the sample that arrived on Saturday morning.

Buffers are blackened metal, the front ones are sprung but the rear ones are rigid, separate metal handrails picked out in white. Pickups on all 8 wheels, it's DCC ready although I haven't had the top off yet - I wonder whether the circuit board is wired up to show the correct lights, tail lights on 'forward' and headlights on 'reverse' to match the loco at the other end of the rake or will I have to program the decoder?

The rear coupling isn't in an NEW socket (moan, gnash, rant), instead it's on a long bar protruding from the rear of the bogie and cranked under the air tank below the guard's compartment, much like the HST Power Car. So there will have to be some carving about before I can fit Kadees, and as mine's going to spend half of it's time being dragged I'll have to see what will go between the deflector plate and buffer beam at the front.

DVT1.jpg

DVT2.jpg

DVT3.jpg

DVT4.jpg

DVT5.jpg

DVT6.jpg

DVT7.jpg

DVT8.jpg

I was actually quite shocked when it turned up on Saturday. I had seen it in stock on the Kernow newsletter that arrived on Friday and was toying with buying one, in the end I decided to wait until it was in stock at a couple of other places to see how the prices were. Imagine my surprise when the postie rang the doorbell the next morning and there was a carriage/loco sized box from Rail Express - I had completely forgotten I'd ordered one each of the Virgin and ONE examples ages ago.

I wonder what else I've ordered, is there anything else out there waiting other than the Trains4U Sprinter...

Martin

Likewise Here Martin! I was totally unwares the model was even on its way, till our parcels bloke from Royal Mail knocked Saturday Morning?!

Overall the model is very nice, Ive had a look underneath the hod and its the usual Hornby Arrangment, with a mounted PCB, with DCC socket, and loads of wires for the pick-ups, The Light Clusters should be black, and not the Shrouds, so thats been easily fixed as the shrouds are lightly glued onto the cluster, and easily glued back into place.

One thing I didnt like was the two wires that go into the Single bulb for the cab light, they can easily be pulled out of place if the body is removed too sharply... now to redo the weathering I did :rolleyes:

NL

Archived