Fairfield Jnc - OO Lenz/Touchcab DCC layout, 50's/60's era (updated Oct 2016)

250BOB

My first sound steam loco on Fairfield Jnc.,

Finally bit the bullet and purchased a Locoman 8F sound decoder from Locoman at DC Kits.

I am very pleased with the quality and will have lots of fun with it I'm sure.

The video is already posted in the DCC sound section....one or two of you may have seen it there.

Bob

Video Link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nk6xa3K7238

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Hi Bob.

Great layout, plenty of interest going on.

I was particularly interested in the Touch cab side of things, and I would be very grateful if you could advise me.

I have the Lenz system, including the 23151 unit and I have just bought an android phone, which can use the Sourceforge, JMRI Engine Driver app.

I'm not quite sure I understand how your system works ?......... it obviously does, and very well.

I notice from your video that you have the usb, Ethernet, and xpressnet sockets connected on the 23151.

Is there any chance you could expand on how you connected it all together and configured the system ?

Regards

Keith

• RMweb Premium

Hi Paul.

Yes thanks, I understand that Touchcab is for apple products.

The basic set up for the android system, I'm guessing, would be the same or similar.

Regards

Guest Digital

Hi Bob 

Layout looking good, enjoyed your latest videos.

After years of listening to sound enabled locos on various layout including my own.

It made a refreshing change to watch some without sound. Very relaxing.

Regards

John

Hi Bob.

Great layout, plenty of interest going on.

I was particularly interested in the Touch cab side of things, and I would be very grateful if you could advise me.

I have the Lenz system, including the 23151 unit and I have just bought an android phone, which can use the Sourceforge, JMRI Engine Driver app.

I'm not quite sure I understand how your system works ?......... it obviously does, and very well.

I notice from your video that you have the usb, Ethernet, and xpressnet sockets connected on the 23151.

Is there any chance you could expand on how you connected it all together and configured the system ?

Regards

Keith

Hi Keith.

The USB cable plugs into the laptop, but rarely use that facility, if at all.

The white cable goes to the wireless router.

The top black flat cable goes to the lzv100 black box

I had to buy a particular router from Argos to get it to work, but once I plugged it all in and downloaded Touchcab app from iTunes, it was a piece of cake.

Just set the settings on my iPhone to the router and it was all live. Just programme in each loco and set them off. Hardly ever use the lh100 controllers, except for programming.

Ask me all the questions you want Keith, it took me a bit of understanding at first until the penny dropped. The bloody router was my problem, and until I bought the Argos one for £20 it wouldn't recognise any other router.

Ask away.

Bob

• RMweb Gold

I use an old sky router and that works with no problems, I think it's actually a netgear one.

I tried a spare BT homehub 4 I had and that didn't want to know at all

Here are some pics of how mine was initially set up, there are some more pics and a vid in the next page of my thread

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/69543-big-jims-roundy-roundy-shed-layout-scenics-underway/?p=1769680

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Hi Paul.

Yes thanks, I understand that Touchcab is for apple products.

The basic set up for the android system, I'm guessing, would be the same or similar.

Regards

Hi

Unfortunately not quite as you will need a laptop to run the background server. The TouchCab application doesn't require this.

Cheers

Paul

• 4 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Archived