The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Football Focus

S.A.C Martin

• RMweb Premium

Turned into a great night at the Unibol. £5 cash entry and free parking. They had planned to open the lower tier on one side only, in the event they had to open three sides and got 9000 through the door for a midweek EFL Trophy game with Bradford City. The BWFC U12s were excellent and ran themselves into the ground to get a 1-1 result. Unfortunately in the Nonentity Cup there has to be a penalty shoot out which the Bantams won 4-3 and they get a bonus point. Weird!

Hope the new owners were suitably impressed.

David

• Like 1

Anything would be better than the dross that was Wales v Azerbaijan.........and so it was with this afternoons Pontyclun v Trethomas Bluebirds Welsh League fixture. A 3-2 home win, several yellow cards and a blatant, unnoticed head butt. But where else would the referee hold up play and call on the ground staff to clear up a dog t*rd from the 18yd area ?

7FCA4CA2-1190-497E-880D-39A88B989FAB.jpeg

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
11 hours ago, luckymucklebackit said:

They have done it at last - Fort William 1  Inverness Clachnacuddin 0.  Fort William have recorded their first Highland League win since 12th April 2017!

And they're not bottom of the league - the unfortunate Clachnacuddin have that dubious honour with The Fort three places above them.  It's also worth noting that they currently have a goal difference of merely minus14 - this time last season it was minus 33.

DT

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Interesting table showing the cost of attending football matches at all four Scotish leagues - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49568957

I noted that Forfar Athletic's pies* are the cheapest at £1.25, but I confess I've never dared try one, much preferring the more traditonal (and superior) bridie**.  For those enamoured of pies, however, a match day at Forfar is the cheapest in the league, with a ticket, pie and cup of tea setting you back a mere £16.15.  Now why don't I go more often......

DT

*I am of course referring to Scotch Pies (https://food.list.co.uk/article/17271-the-scotch-pie-a-national-icon/)

**Bridies traditionally come from Forfar - http://mclarenbakers.co.uk/the-forfar-bridie/

• Informative/Useful 1

Mmmmm... Scotch Pies, in which the presence of actual meat is optional... I used to live on the things when I got close to payday when living in Glasgow in the early 80s, from that article it would seem that the old style versions I ate have long since gone and the gristle has been replaced by some sort of meat...

My brother-in-law was surprised when he took my two teenaged sons (born in England, raised in Canada) to a Scottish League game in the 1990s and saw them eat Scotch pies, bought at football grounds, in the proper manner. I had instructed them before they went.

You take a small bite out of the crust at the point where the side meets the base, then hold the pie with this bite downwards and let the excess fat run out. Once it stops dripping, you can eat the pie with a reduce risk of blocked arteries.

(P.S. I agree that bridies are superior to pies!)

Edited by pH

• RMweb Premium

I think it's too thick for salt an' sauce.....

The good thing about having the pie in a roll, of course, is that when you bite into the pie the resulting "jus" is absorbed by the roll rather than your shirt.

DT

Edited by Torper
  • Like 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold

After yesterdays selection of crazy decisions, it seems consistancy amongst referees is needed before VAR is even considered to be of any assistance.

Watching MOTD, the same decisions over 3 games threw up 3 different outcomes, it seems even the VAR referees are clueless too.

Mike.

24 minutes ago, Gareth Collier said:

I don't think Arsenal have quite got a handle on the new goal kick rules yet.......

I thought "Don't give the ball away to your opponents just outside the box with no cover behind you" had always been in the rule book. :)

and so the farce at Boundary Park continues with the latest team coach   sorry patsy and his assistant removed from there post as yes men to the Director of football AKA the owners younger brother who continues to play football manager with our club whilst the fans are ignored to stew in there misery as there once proud club is destroyed by a pair of charlatans attendances already down by at an alarming rate i fear another bury in the making 

#lemsghamout

#nomorepenniesforthelemmys 

• Friendly/supportive 3

3 hours ago, BoD said:

Their fifth in ten months.

That’s  going some.

dont bank on this being the last this season unless the newly appointed Deano  Maarmia (16 mins after previous incumbents sacking ) can produce a miracle .all hinges on the owners younger brother obtaining his coaching badges then he can officialy take over rather than doing everything in the background as he is now.as stated crowds falling weekly appaling football to watch from a bloated unbalanced squad of 35 players realy fear for my clubs league status 

16 hours ago, 62613 said:

Dino might do something for you, you never know!

fingers crossed bro tbh or i fear our league status could be under threat  but more worryingly our financial position aint improving in fact we apear to lurch from one problem to the next off the field the quicker these clowns and there cronies are gone the better