HEBRIDEAN ISLES FERRY

carl1967

I'll interested to see how you do all those.

I will hopefully be making a start on the harbour extension in a week or 2. Will post pics on this site when I get them. I don't have a Caolisport thread now, I don't like the new blog thingy, its clumsy.

Have you thought about exhibiting your skills, with a suitable layout?

cheerio

Mike

Hi mike

I was thinking of doing one of Gourock station, what ya think!!!!

Look at the links, google maps shows Juno in port laid up.

so will do the new ship BUTE and JUNO for the layout.

i am going to make BUTE with full LED lighting and fiber optic lighting in the bridge.

http://maps.google.c...F-8&sa=N&tab=wl

http://en.wikipedia....railway_station

Carl

Hi Carl,

I was supposed to sign Gourock last year and in the end didn't get the chance to visit. I did get to Wymess though and was very impressed with the buildings. Would be a very neat layout. Even gets the odd Royal Scotsmen visit too!

Is Juno withdrawn for good now then? Saturn and Jupiter still going? Can't beat the streakers.

cheerio

Mike

Hi Carl,

I was supposed to sign Gourock last year and in the end didn't get the chance to visit. I did get to Wymess though and was very impressed with the buildings. Would be a very neat layout. Even gets the odd Royal Scotsmen visit too!

Is Juno withdrawn for good now then? Saturn and Jupiter still going? Can't beat the streakers.

cheerio

Mike

Hi mike

Juno is keeping Saturn and Jupiter in spare parts.

Saturn Has seen service at Dunoon, on Clyde cruises and is now employed as second Arran ferry in the summer and winter relief at Dunoon. Has also undergone berthing trials at Kennacraig, Port Ellen and Port Askaig.

JUPITER is now found permanently on the Gourock - Dunoon crossing and has outlived her younger sister JUNO, which was withdrawn in April 2007. She is now the oldest member of the fleet and dedicates all of her time to the route for which she was built and is no longer required on the Rothesay crossing a few miles south.

The picture was from back in 2006 showing Juno in service at Gourock.

Carl

post-6809-1256776983766_thumb.jpg

Carl

Perhaps you should look for a job as model maker on a film set etc, your skills are excellent.

When finished this boat is going to be a stunner...

Maybe you should also send a photo of it to CalMac!

cheers

Keith

hi Keith

Thanks, if only i lived in HOLLYWOOD.....lol

i will send one of it finnished to calmac, see what they have to say about it, probably do me for copyrightsicon_wow.gificon_mutter.gif

I think I am giving up railway modeling, and concentrate on Cal mac ferry's. This one is coming on a treat, but I can't wait to see the Columba. Thinking of doing one of the island class, for Glenuig, Rarsay or Eig. There's not room for anything bigger, but if I were to extend the board a little.......

Not very impressed with these pics to be honest, Carl. Not at all.

Cheers,

Dave

Waverley West

Keep saying it, Dave, keep saying it. You don't want one, you don't have the room, you've already got a layout which doesn't have room for one anyway even if you did want one. No, that's right. But, but....

Cheers,

Dave

Waverley West

Keep saying it, Dave, keep saying it. You don't want one, you don't have the room, you've already got a layout which doesn't have room for one anyway even if you did want one. No, that's right. But, but....

sorry dave, i gess i will just have to put better pictures on, just for you m8...lol

i can just see it now!! nice new layout blog from davebiggrin.gif

thanks

carl

Cheers,

Dave

Waverley West

Just give in Dave.

I think there may be a few locations left in the West of Scotland that havn't been done yet. I think you would make a good stab of Oban or Wemyss bay. If you do build one with a big enough harbour I'm sure 'Heb' could do some winter relief work there. Nothing like a new project!

We should form a cal mac club 16 12X10's would join too I'm sure.

cheerio

Mike

That Ferry is coming along very nicely and is simply stunning! The level of detail especially the bridge is very impressive and this will make such a unique feature on the layout - well unless everyone else is planning a layout with a harbour with another model of your fine work in it! I would love one but there is no room for one on Rannoch and any future extension to this! I will certainly be following progress on this at it is brilliant!

Mark

Just give in Dave.

I think there may be a few locations left in the West of Scotland that havn't been done yet. I think you would make a good stab of Oban or Wemyss bay. If you do build one with a big enough harbour I'm sure 'Heb' could do some winter relief work there. Nothing like a new project!

We should form a cal mac club 16 12X10's would join too I'm sure.

cheerio

Mike

Hi Mike/Carl,

I actually really fancy doing Oban. I think it could be done in a reasonable space with a photographic backscene with McCaig's tower. the town and maybe even Mull. I've been there quite a bit recently and there seem to be plenty of Kyle of Lochalsh layouts around these days, which was my original idea. 27s or 37s pottering around 1980s-style with one of these....

post-7247-12573307826546_thumb.jpg

or its predecessor in the background. Hmmm.... It's an idea. (I expect you're going to tell me that would be a serious beast in 00, aren't you Carl?!).

No, stop this now, both of you.... Stop it, I say!! Well, then again...

Cheers,

Dave

Waverley West

Hi Mike/Carl,

I actually really fancy doing Oban. I think it could be done in a reasonable space with a photographic backscene with McCaig's tower. the town and maybe even Mull. I've been there quite a bit recently and there seem to be plenty of Kyle of Lochalsh layouts around these days, which was my original idea. 27s or 37s pottering around 1980s-style with one of these....

post-7247-12573307826546_thumb.jpg

or its predecessor in the background. Hmmm.... It's an idea. (I expect you're going to tell me that would be a serious beast in 00, aren't you Carl?!).

No, stop this now, both of you.... Stop it, I say!! Well, then again...

Cheers,

Dave

Waverley West

Hi Dave

Isle of Mull is still in service, Oban to Craignure.

The model works out at 1184mm long by 204mm wide, that??™s just over 46.5ins by 8ins.

So its only 2.5 to 3ins longer than Heb but has full decks over the stern.

But by tendering rules won't the ship end up being built in Gdansk by a guy called Carlovich.laugh.gif

It would be a bit tight having Isle of Mull and 37/4's at Oban. Launched in 1987. Entred service April 1988.

Get away with it just.

Maybe Claymore 3 would be a better bet. You could have your 27's and 37/4's then.

Or you could do just what you want and not be holden to some inner lawblink.gif

cheerio

Claggy

Great ferry Carl.icon_clap.gif ...I like Daves (waverley west) idea to do Oban... maybe have a smaller ferry?? icon_e_wink.gif .....I saw this one last year departing Oban...

thanks m8

EIGG is a 6 car ferry, runs from Oban to Lismore.

a model ov this will be, 295mm long by 84mm wide. nice and easybiggrin.gif

here is some new pictures from today.

carl

post-6809-12573715652264_thumb.jpg

post-6809-12573715943204_thumb.jpg

post-6809-12573716123515_thumb.jpg

post-6809-12573716308657_thumb.jpg