HEBRIDEAN ISLES FERRY

carl1967

Carl I have been watching this thread with great interest, excellent work and great scratch building. I was wondering if you knew where I could obtain plans for the small 6 car ferry posted on the previous page Eigg I think it was called.

Many thanks and keep up the great work I'm sure claggy will be most impresed when he takes delivery.

Regards Paul

• RMweb Premium

My father used to have a bit of poetry that ended "... but the islands are MacBrayne's!" Does anyone know the rest? (It could be common in Scotland, but not here)

My father used to have a bit of poetry that ended "... but the islands are MacBrayne's!" Does anyone know the rest? (It could be common in Scotland, but not here)

Something about God making the earth and heavens but the islannds belong to MacBraynes rings a bell from long long ago. My Granny came from Lochaber so I think that must be where I came across it.

Bernard

Carl I have been watching this thread with great interest, excellent work and great scratch building. I was wondering if you knew where I could obtain plans for the small 6 car ferry posted on the previous page Eigg I think it was called.

Many thanks and keep up the great work I'm sure claggy will be most impresed when he takes delivery.

Regards Paul

sorry paul, i do not have plans for EIGG and there are no plans for it online, i have given the OO Gauge scale size on last post, so all you have to do is draw it up yourself from pictures, its what i do.

The picture of EIGG vanman posted is nere spot on to 4mm scale when you click on it, 295mm long. so save it, print it off full size, do a plan from it. simple!!

• Like 1

The Earth belongs unto the Lord

And all that it contains

Except the Kyles and the Western Isles

And they are all MacBrayne's

• Like 2

I think its in the Book "the Kingdom of MacBrayne's",i am stuck at work at the moment, will check when i get home.

Talking of Cal mac, anyone know why the Juno and Saturn were tided up at Rosneath a few weeks ago.

By the way, this model is absolutly fantastic, i think i will give up the railway modeling and switch to ferry's

Gary

new pictures from tonight, this post is for you daveicon_thumbsup2.gif better pictures!!...lol, sorry

Bit better I s'pose, Carl. Not much though really. Who knows, you might even make a half-decent model out of that. wink.gif

In a book somewhere I have a shot of a 27 at Oban (taken in the 70s I think) with a smaller ferry in the background. Can't remember the ferry's name now, but I'll dig the book out. Not sure whether it was the Isle of Mull's predecessor or another of the ferries that worked from Oban in those days. That might be more of a possibility.

Slippery slope, Dave, slippery slope. Stop it... Stop it...

Cheers,

Dave

Waverley West

You can normally find stuff out about whats going on with the ships on this site.

http://www.shipsofca..._news_10_07.asp

I love it, always on there. Don't know why I need to know whats going on I just doblink.gif

cheerio

Mike

Fascinating link that, Mike. Thanks for sharing! The photos don't enlarge though, do they? Shame.

Cheers

Dave

I think its in the Book "the Kingdom of MacBrayne's",i am stuck at work at the moment, will check when i get home.

Talking of Cal mac, anyone know why the Juno and Saturn were tided up at Rosneath a few weeks ago.

By the way, this model is absolutly fantastic, i think i will give up the railway modeling and switch to ferry's

Gary

hi gary

thanks m8biggrin.gif

juno is dead!! she is spair parts for jupiter and saturn.

Thanks Neil

when you do!! i'm ya man...lol

Had the same thought myself! ''Outstanding'' does not do the modelling justice....

Carl, do you do a delivery service as well!!!

cheers

Keith

PS, I may have missed it but what's the smaller ship in the background in a couple of photo's above?

Had the same thought myself! ''Outstanding'' does not do the modelling justice....

Carl, do you do a delivery service as well!!!

cheers

Keith

PS, I may have missed it but what's the smaller ship in the background in a couple of photo's above?

hi Keith

i'd love a paid delivery trip to spain!!biggrin.gif

the ship in the background is Heb mk1, i was given the rong size from calmac, that is the result. i am going to make something out of it, then sell it.

That is some pretty awesome modelling there carl.

trying to think how i could get a Calmac ferry on a modern image depot layout lol!

Neil

how about this for a modern layout, wemyss bay rail station and ferry Terminal.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=Wemyss+Bay&sll=53.800651,-4.064941&sspn=10.000047,14.633789&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Wemyss+Bay,+Renfrewshire,+United+Kingdom&ll=55.876454,-4.887779&spn=0.004755,0.013711&t=h&z=16

calmac's new ferry, BUTE Runs the Wemyss Bay - Rothesay Route

post-6809-12577911291253_thumb.jpg

post-6809-12577911341254_thumb.jpg