HEBRIDEAN ISLES FERRY

carl1967

Started getting the base materials together today for the harbour extension. The new area of water will be 130cmX100cm. This should be big enough to have Heb stern into the linkspan and Pioneer moored.

will post pics on here when I start work.

cheerio

Claggy

Are you sure you don't mean Glen Sannox?

Yep, I meant Glen Sannox. There was a slight rearrangement of the letters in my head between reading the book and getting to the computer. rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif

All the right letters (well, almost anyway), just not necessarily in the right order. smile.gif

Cheers,

Dave

Waverley West

Yep, I meant Glen Sannox. There was a slight rearrangement of the letters in my head between reading the book and getting to the computer. rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif

All the right letters (well, almost anyway), just not necessarily in the right order. smile.gif

Cheers,

Dave

Waverley West

Hi Dave m8

Not to worry, I new what you meant!!

You always get one black cornflake in every box??¦lolbiggrin.gif biggrin.gif laugh.gif

This is inspirational - not just the subject, but the speed and quality of the modelling.

Are you using a drawing or doing it all by eye?

Jim

hi jim

no drawing, all done by eye from picture's and full size measurements of the real ship.

mike, that looks fine m8, what side ov Heb is the jetty going to be? so i can get the doors cut for the foot pasengers.

i got the smoke stacks done tonight, thay look big! but this is just becose the still white.

a dave! gess what!! new picturesblink.gif

post-6809-12586750682204_thumb.jpg

post-6809-12586750928903_thumb.jpg

post-6809-12586751186015_thumb.jpg

post-6809-12586751425135_thumb.jpg

a dave! gess what!! new picturesblink.gif

You forget, Carl, I'm not watching this thread anymore. Especially now your modelling standards seem to have dropped so much, judging by the look of those pictures anyway, not that I've looked at them though of course. wink.gif

Cheers,

Dave

Waverley West

You forget, Carl, I'm not watching this thread anymore. Especially now your modelling standards seem to have dropped so much, judging by the look of those pictures anyway, not that I've looked at them though of course. wink.gif

Cheers,

Dave

Waverley West

and there was me going to tell you your layout was perfection in its selfbiggrin.gif but not nowtongue.gif

hi all

i have finnished painting the hull in its main colour today! most all calmac ferrys look black! but there notohmy.gif they are infact very dark sea bluewink.gif

just got the water line red to do and thats it for me needing to flip it over, so can finnely get the bridge glued on and start all the deck detail.

also got the smoke stacks in some red. not finnished yet but not far off.

carl

post-6809-12587445254026_thumb.jpg

post-6809-12587445494408_thumb.jpg

and there was me going to tell you your layout was perfection in its selfbiggrin.gif but not nowtongue.gif

Well, alright then, I s'pose it's quite good reallly. I'll admit to that. But my therapist said I'm not to go any further than that. biggrin.gif Otherwise there's a danger of a serious relapse, he said.

Dave

Waverley West

hi carl havent spoke for a while but this is looking absolutely amazing, you should set up a business for this.lol icon_clap.gif icon_clap.gif icon_clap.gif icon_clap.gif icon_clap.gif icon_clap.gif icon_clap.gif

thanksbiggrin.gif

as for a business! i would have to charge by the hour, and if 1 takes me 3 mounth to build,

The bill would be to expensivelaugh.gif but as i am not working at the momentsad.gif , i have lots of time.

new pictures, been doing some paint work on the bow and smoke stacks.

post-6809-12591588109533_thumb.jpg

post-6809-1259158832741_thumb.jpg

post-6809-12591588551931_thumb.jpg

post-6809-12591588794179_thumb.jpg

new pictures, been doing some paint work on the bow and smoke stacks.

Stunning Carl, just stunning. What can I say?

You didn't mean that, Dave. Yes, I did. No, I didn't. Yes, I did, No, I....

Oh well, that's another expensive therapy bill this month.

Cheers,

Dave

Waverley West

Carl,

I've been watching this thread for a little while now and all I can say is what others have already said - WOW. On my model of Hessle Haven, the prototype location had a small shipyard - built tugs, trawlers and the two sail training schooners Sir Winston Churchill and Malcolm Miller in the early 1960's. I'd never considered building a 4mm ship to go on the model but your thread has inspired me to have a go, sometime next year when I build the next section of the railway.

This thread is just a sheer joy to behold and the photographs really do illustrate your work superbly.

Many thanks for the inspiration and for a wonderful thread.

Cheers

Mike

Carl,

I've been watching this thread for a little while now and all I can say is what others have already said - WOW. On my model of Hessle Haven, the prototype location had a small shipyard - built tugs, trawlers and the two sail training schooners Sir Winston Churchill and Malcolm Miller in the early 1960's. I'd never considered building a 4mm ship to go on the model but your thread has inspired me to have a go, sometime next year when I build the next section of the railway.

This thread is just a sheer joy to behold and the photographs really do illustrate your work superbly.

Many thanks for the inspiration and for a wonderful thread.

Cheers

Mike

thanks mike

if you ever need any advice on building your ship, let me know and i will do my best to helpwink.gif

hi all

i have done the balcony wall round the forword observation deck today, just needs sanding smooth before painting. then the red seating....OMG 100s of them i have to make...lol

post-6809-12594506483643_thumb.jpg

post-6809-12594506836306_thumb.jpg

post-6809-12594507091373_thumb.jpg

post-6809-12594507148323_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Any more progress on this? No new images or updates for a while now............ or are you still to busy making red seats by the bucket load?icon_wink.gif

hi m8

i have been bizi gettin xmas sorted and not much time for modelingangry.gif !!

i have been working on Heb but not as much as i'd liked.

here is some new pictures taken today!wink.gif

post-6809-12606299761404_thumb.jpg

post-6809-12606300241772_thumb.jpg

post-6809-12606300551542_thumb.jpg

post-6809-12606300728918_thumb.jpg

post-6809-12606300988233_thumb.jpg

post-6809-1260630124906_thumb.jpg

post-6809-12606301521568_thumb.jpg

post-6809-1260630177855_thumb.jpg

post-6809-12606302020094_thumb.jpg