Lime Street Station

Les Green

A slightly different visit.......

Brian Yates is a modeller of Trams, and he visited on Tuesday to give some of his models an outing on Lime Street:

attachicon.gifTrams 1.JPG

attachicon.gifTrams 2.JPG

attachicon.gifTrams 3.JPG

Very nice models they are too.

Steve.

You wait for one tram, then a whole fleet of them come along......

They contribute to a really effective townscape, nice!

No matter how many times you see Lime Street, it seems even better. And those trams are wonderful; I assume you didn't give them back!

I can just about remember going by tram from Scotland Road to Kirkby Industrial Estate. Not as good as the train (Liverpool Exchange - Kirkby), but pretty good all the same.

• RMweb Gold

All that's needed now are the Ribble buses parked up at their stops on Skelhorne street.

Brings back a lot of memories! Jumping on the L3 into town and getting off at the bus depot on Skelhorne Street. 

Edited by kopite

• RMweb Gold

Here's a shot John sent from his workbench earlier today:

attachicon.gifRibble buses.JPG

Two buses in the shops, with the first conversion kit already purchased.

Steve.

My dad was a bus driver for the Ribble for many years. When we were kids we used to wait for his bus and we'd get a free bus ride to wherever we were going!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The model trams seemed to generate a lot of interest, so...

flickr10.jpg

11 August 1956.

Towner Images - Flickr

P.S. Should have added that this is the real thing, not the model. Just to avoid any confusion...

Edited by LMS2968
  • Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

Lime Street Station at Eurospoor, Utrecht.

I am sure it was much admired. A great pity though they could not not display the large Union Jack on the front of the stand correctly !!

Regards

The large Union Jack on the front of the layout had the binding tape of the flag on the right hand side indicating the position of the flagpole. The flag was therefore the correct way up. However the flag on the front of the hotel is upside down.

Flying the flag upside down is a sign of distress. The operators were totally stressed out operating the layout so the hotel flag could be considered correct!!!!!

post-8613-0-71889700-1510938671_thumb.jpg

• Like 14

I stand my original post, the flag was incorrect, the rule is :-  Flat Against a Surface Union Flag - If hung horizontally or vertically, the broad white diagonal should be uppermost in the top-left corner.

I had noticed the flag at the front of the building but thought to comment on that would be nit picking !!  A large Union Jack on the front of a layout exhibited abroad is a different matter.

But otherwise a very interesting layout, I've seen it a couple of times. Incidentally I was not at Eurospoor this year, I saw the layout and the flag on You Tube coverage.

Regards