Oxford diecast... whats next?

BROADTRAIN1979

Searched online, but can't find any info on this release. There is a whitemetal kit in 1/76, and I have a Spanish made SAVA J4 in 1/ 43 scale.  But I do hope the announced J4 comes to fruition

It does seem to have gone quiet on that Classix J4- I think all I've seen of it was a pre-production pic on a diecast collectors' website about a year back

http://www.modelcollector.co.uk/albums/member_photo.asp?a=19518&p=323927

Though there's still a lot outstanding from the 2011/12 programme, of course.

Yep, Does anyone know what has happened to the promised VW Beetle, Austin Mini and 2CV in 1;148. Did I miss them or are they still likely to appear some time in the future?

G.

I had a look at the proposed new releases for this year on the 'Forthcoming Releases' part of the 'E-Hattons' site. Apart from the Marina in 'baby-crap brown', there are a number of other workaday cars making an appearance, such as the Allegro.

One thing I'd not seen mentioned before was the Kone container-handling crane, priced in the region of £20, which seems very reasonable in comparison with a Kibri kit (the last of which cost me that about two decades ago.)

http://www.ehattons.com/60467/Oxford_Diecast_76KRS001_Konecranes_Reach_Stacker_in_Blue/StockDetail.aspx

• RMweb Premium

The OO scale tanker (With a Scania unit) is out in Eddie Stobart livery. This is in the Atlas Editions ES series. Next due out from Atlas is the Reach Stacker. Atlas apparently are funding the tooling for a lot of the new Oxford commercials for their ES (and fire?) models.

Picked up the Wynns Heavy Haulage Scammell Highwayman (76SH001) last Saturday. At £11.95, its good value although the lack of flush glazing for the distinctive wrap-around windscreen slightly affects the otherwise good rendition of the prototype. Here's hoping that Oxford Diecast tool up a tanker trailer and do one of the very attractive in my opinion Shell BP or Esso fuel tankers. I would also like to see the earlier squarer cabbed version and hope they do the variation with the boxed in front wings rather than the cycle type mudguards that are on this particular model. Can't wait for the Pickfords version to come out and also looking forward to the Scammell Pioneer and Showtrac!

Edited by RussellD

I've seen the 1/148 2CV on sale.

How odd I have had them on back order for ages, just had a delivery from wholesalers, none in it. no mention in OD globe about release.

I am getting feed up with OD not releasing promised items.

Edited by Tricky-CRS

• RMweb Premium

At swap meets I find that some dealers have some of the new releases and other dealers have other new releases. It seems very rare for a dealer to have all the new releases. It appears that distribution is very patchy. This might not be OD's fault it may be that they don't know exactly whats in the container until it is opened.

A lot of photos of forthcoming 1/43 and 1/76 castings under the Oxford Diecast section here:-

http://www.auto-und-modell.de/

The fire appliances are attractive. Good to see the Bedford OY advancing. Leyland Princess , Triumph 2000, Clearly many of these are early pulls from unpolished moulds but give a feel for the shapes achieved.

Mike

Edited by mikeharvey22

Hmmmm, they are still marked up as 'pre-order' with the main stockists.

G.

Totally, utterly and completely off-topic.

There is a vet's surgery in East Molesey (just down the road from  you) that has a claimed original dalek on display (it belongs to one of the vets).

It is dark grey.

• RMweb Premium

This is the Oxford display at the Nuremberg toy fair >>

http://www.auto-und-modell.de/pages/aktuell/1173/Spielwarenmesse-2013-Oxford-Diecast/

I've noticed that the Scania horsebox has a different cab to the usual Oxford Scania trucks. It has the smaller/lower 'P' cab and the day cab version to boot. This cab is usually used by the smaller trucks in the Scania range such as tippers. It is usually also used in double cab form for fire engines. Apart from the height they can be distinguished from the 'R' cab by the door handles being closer to the top of the front wings.

Sadly a Scania is now THE  average British truck. :(

Are we the only first world nation who does not produce its own trucks . ( I know there is a  bit of cottage industry with Dennis and a few others and also sticking together DAF 's in Leyland)

Vans to follow soon with Transit production being moved to Turkey.

• Like 1