Post a Bargain! (no discussions / questions) (was Bargain Hunters)

But as the locos don't come with number or namplates fixed to the model, and there are no new numbers and names on offer, this doesn't amount to much. Just a shuffling of the existing pack. But still a good price for a great model.

As the saying goes, you pays your money.....

I genuinely thought you were insulting a chap called Pete for a moment!

Only the guy I see when I look in the mirror... :jester:

So I'm just reading about the 'new' Hornby Britannia Thomas Hardy R3444 in the latest Hornby magazine and already it is available discounted in Rails of Sheffield sale items. I suppose at £129.50 it is only about 20% off the rrp, which many retailers do anyway, maybe just not on such new items.

I have also just realised that the 42xx, 52xx and 72xx models available heavily discounted from the likes of Rails, Hattons etc are also the latest Hornby releases!

For those interested in this era/region (not me fwiw!), I see that today Hattons have listed the Hornby R3299 'Going Home' train pack, with a main range LMS liveried Black 5 and three Stanier coaches for £150. Not a bad price now, given that the RRP for the super-detailed Black 5 these days is about £140!

Apparently there is a Two week sale on Bachmann and Farish stuff at Model Railways Direct.

I clicked on the link to discover a whopping two Bachmann items discounted !

(Shakespeare set and Hawksworth Auto trailer )

Had to go and have a lie down after all that excitement.

Lot of Dapol coaches reduced too (if anyone is interested )

Apparently there is a Two week sale on Bachmann and Farish stuff at Model Railways Direct.

I clicked on the link to discover a whopping two Bachmann items discounted !

(Shakespeare set and Hawksworth Auto trailer )

Had to go and have a lie down after all that excitement.

Lot of Dapol coaches reduced too (if anyone is interested )

That's because the email they sent out only advises of a **forthcoming** sale which doesn't actually commence until tomorrow (at 1am).

Check back then.

(or check back at 1.30 so I can fill my boots first :sungum: )

• RMweb Premium

That's because the email they sent out only advises of a **forthcoming** sale which doesn't actually commence until tomorrow (at 1am).

Check back then.

(or check back at 1.30 so I can fill my boots first :sungum: )

Well 

Click on your scale to see all sale items

from 1am tomorrow!

Is perhaps slightly ambiguous.

• RMweb Gold

Had a look earlier, is it me or are 'bargains' just not 'bargain's' any more, Nothing there really caught my eye as a 'Wow that's a good price' item

Edit: actually the MPVs at £69 aren't bad and some steamers have a good discount but I've not compared to other retailers

• RMweb Gold

Had a look earlier, is it me or are 'bargains' just not 'bargain's' any more, Nothing there really caught my eye as a 'Wow that's a good price' item

Edit: actually the MPVs at £69 aren't bad and some steamers have a good discount but I've not compared to other retailers

I thought exactly the same nothing really stands out for me

Cheers

Colin

A lot the Bachmann stuff on there is keenly priced i'd say it just RRP's are high these days from Bachamnn

• RMweb Gold

A lot the Bachmann stuff on there is keenly priced i'd say it just RRP's are high these days from Bachamnn

And as a consequence we don't see the "bargains" we think we ought to be seeing,because we in truth still want prices no current retailer could possibly sustain.Cut much lower would in effect mean selling at a loss.

Actually there really are bargains if you think in current market terms.Problem is....we ourselves have to allow for a reality check which is a pain barrier difficult for some to negotiate.

• RMweb Premium

And as a consequence we don't see the "bargains" we think we ought to be seeing,because we in truth still want prices no current retailer could possibly sustain.Cut much lower would in effect mean selling at a loss.

Actually there really are bargains if you think in current market terms.Problem is....we ourselves have to allow for a reality check which is a pain barrier difficult for some to negotiate.

The prices might be "bargains", but unlike some sales MRD have had in recent times, the prices don't look too far off what can be found elsewhere if you look around.

The prices might be "bargains", but unlike some sales MRD have had in recent times, the prices don't look too far off what can be found elsewhere if you look around.

The RRP's are so high even 30% off results in high cost bargains.....

Almost seems that since this enforced 90-day max 15% discount malarky has come in that, from day 91, anything priced 16% below RRP the retailers just call it a 'bargain'!

How much longer before they proliferate their website and marketing with the eBay classics such as "L@@K" and "RARE". 

I can see it now; day 91:

"!!! L@@K !!!  RARE Bachmann Midland Pullman. MINT.  £503.95 (was £509.95) !!! BARGAIN !!!"

204 in stock

Speaking to you from my Crystal Balls,

Paul

Maybe, but I haven't seen the 'thumpers' quite that low (relatively!) in price, or the DRS (non Olivia's LtdEd Ed) 37402 below £100 before. 37706 at £91 isn't bad either.

I'll light the blue touch paper here...

Gaugemaster are now selling Dapol Class 73s for £99.95 (a reduction of £46.25) in their Summer Sale. NB: AT THE TIME OF WRITING THIS, these reductions are not showing on their website. However, having just purchased a Railfreight 'Lisa" from them, I had to ask twice to make sure that the price was correct and yes, it is £99.95.

Now, knowing that these have been heavily criticised on various forums/fora here, I shall now retire...

• RMweb Gold

Prompted by a reply to the above post in the Dapol 73 thread I have just had a look on the rails of Sheffield "bargain" page, seems to be some good stuff there at the mo, a lot of Bachmann items are on a par with MRDs sale prices

https://railsofsheffield.com/special-offers/

Hornby network rail 08417 £79.50

Hornby EWS 67025 £99.50

Not even looked at page 2 yet!

• RMweb Gold

Absolutely agree. This is by far the worst ever 'sale'. Rubbish

I doubt anyone will find this cheaper anywhere else:

http://www.modelrailwaysdirect.co.uk/Bachmann-31-204-Patriot-Class-5330-'Sir-Frank-Ree'-LMS-Crimson/

Bachmann 31-204

PATRIOT CLASS 5330 'SIR FRANK REE' LMS CRIMSON

£115.46 You Save: £49.49 (30%)

I bought one a couple of weeks ago from another retailer at £120 and I thought I had done well at that.

MRD is a fiver cheaper.

Even so, I'm still smiling whenever I set this loco trundling around my track... love it.

cheers,

Keith

Archived