WNXX?

Crisis Rail

Something to keep the interest going over the winter as the garage is OOB again until work starts on the garage tailchaser in 2013.

A literal delve through the bitsbox to see if I can cobble a DCC plank together - useful for chip testing and such - even the base is an offcut.

The name choice is a difficult one as I am trying to get away from "Road" "Street" "Lane" and the like.

Ian

I can see how you got inspiration from that thread, i really like that, its even giving me ideas now haha.

iv not been upto much really, mostly weathering work on the ever growing 08 fleet which iv aquired an OCD for, so i can see something along similar lines popping up as well as the works/station project i have in my head.

i really want to do something with the 08s though, its finding a decent prototype to do, if there was such a thing were 08s were dominent.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Crisis Rail,

Looks interesting,the sort of project I have thought of doing but avoided because I thought I might get too distracted from my main project.

However as an introduction to DCC it could be an ideal intro.

I assume you are already into DCC,I'm not but might be tempted.

I shall watch progress with interest with a view to learning how it's done;DCC that is.

Cheers Bill

• 4 weeks later...

I can see how you got inspiration from that thread, i really like that, its even giving me ideas now haha.

iv not been upto much really, mostly weathering work on the ever growing 08 fleet which iv aquired an OCD for, so i can see something along similar lines popping up as well as the works/station project i have in my head.

i really want to do something with the 08s though, its finding a decent prototype to do, if there was such a thing were 08s were dominent.

well if you want a BR Blue one still (well up till couple weeks back when it failed) 08925 is still in faded blue heres a shot of it (and a couple more at Cardiff Tidal in December! There were 3 based there doing the shunting in EWS days (the last three being 08888 08804 and 08632) and during the last year for GBRF there has been several different ones with 08925 in blue and 08934 in BR Green used until the new ex industrial shunters turned up.

http://antony-christ...2/shunters.html

Tony

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Well heres WNXX? Version 1.4..... :) bet you have been waiting with baited breath.....

A yard scene possibly utilising the excellent Scalescene scratchbuilder paper backgrounds or spares which I have in the box - I have cut out the trial mounts in card - an external shed to walls - nice WILLS cobbles for the yard.

The greyness is Superquick papers stuck from a previous attempt.

post-7252-0-85755700-1341176899_thumb.jpg

post-7252-0-08515500-1341176916_thumb.jpg

A good weathered 40145 featuring although this is not WNXX - thats for later on.........

Ian

(Version 1.4 :) )

That looks very smart Ian, I like the process u used for the inlay track, I might adopt for the next fuel point base I have for neale bank, very much takes the hard work out of it.

What's next for this smart little project??

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The first set of images with the 60 just reminded me of this photo. A strong likeness between the model and Mountsorrel.

regards,

Lukasz

Yes - a good image Lukasz - it would make a good subject to model when this one is finished (binned) :) - I still have the bits although the 60 has since gone.

Ian

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Hi Ian,

On this picture

index.php?app=core&module=attach&section

... just wondering what make the tanks are at the top left please?

cheers,

Chris

Just come back to this thread as a resurrection on the WNXX theme is unfortunately under planning - the tanks to the left are Bachmann Scenecraft Storage - you probably know that by now seeing that it was February - I do apologise.

Looking back I am quite happy the last ideas were binned especially the Knightwing ones which are way too high it all seems poor - rushed and not well thought out  - the recent acquisition of 2 Lima Coal Sector 60 has got me going again on this one although I am not putting up images until nearly done or well on with this time

I do miss that 60 though.

Ian

Archived