Jump to content

Copenhagen Fields


Recommended Posts

I'd better get on with the drawings then!

 

3 hours ago, CF MRC said:

 It is almost certain that the station building will be removable, as there will be more of the underground structures modelled - the gents loo will therefore be made - it is no wider than the line of the platform track. 

 

...I think it is fair to say that without the availability of CAD and modern manufacturing techniques, this line would be very much harder to make!  It is also quite gratifying to bring all the modern techniques to bear on a 35 year old layout.

 

Tim

 


 

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 05/09/2020 at 00:13, CF MRC said:

I have just received a better scan of the main station plan. The details of the toilets and washrooms are much clearer.  The washbasins appear to be round, which makes life easier, and I can now see where the ladies wash room is located.
F51664B2_8767_4BA2_8414_665AB8FE7B39.jpe

 

What a carry-on this has become...

 

Tim

Hi Tim,

 

Is there a scale with this?  It will be handy to know any dimensions we can for the urinals - so far all I have is 2.5 wall tiles but I don't know how long the tiles are!  I should have a rough drawing done by 2200 local (presently 2120) and I can adapt once known dimensions are obtained.  Currently drawing in inches at full size, which can then be scaled.

 

Cheers

Kevin

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

That’s looking very good Kevin. Tiles are 9”x3”.  The length available on the plan is 6’. We will indeed look over a gentleman’s shoulder. In the urinal we have on Market Road, the occupant is in mid-stream - represented by a strand of fibre glass. 
Thanks 

Tim

Edited by CF MRC
Link to post
Share on other sites

With a bit of help I have nearly completed the newsagent - tobacconist at York Road tube station. 

F9E736ED_FF43_4E75_A866_7A6E193BDA90.jpe
However, someone would rather have had me throwing a ball for him. 
20C1DB9E_640A_4AAB_BAF3_461ECB2499D7.jpe
The shop will be finished after a bit of weathering and a name board - but who?

 

Tim

  • Like 14
  • Craftsmanship/clever 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, CF MRC said:

That’s looking very good Kevin. Tiles are 9”x3”.  The length available on the plan is 6’. We will indeed look over a gentleman’s shoulder. In the urinal we have on Market Road, the occupant is in mid-stream - represented by a strand of fibre glass. 
Thanks 

Tim

Good guess by me then - the 3 stalls come out to 6' on the principle that 2' seems to be standard.  

 

I've had another look at the pictures and think the inside is probably curved rather than square.  This would gel with the plan having curved stalls so I'll have a revisit of it tonight.  Hopefully an over scale test print this evening too.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking at the photo and your modelling Kevin, it appears that the tall triangular upstanding at the front should be symmetrical both sides of the partitions. Of course, it may be the viewing angle of your rendition.  It’s quite crazy really, when you consider how small all this is!


In the meantime, I have made the lettering correctly 3D on the station building. 
915BED60_4602_472D_A69C_E47907960F13.jpe
 

Tim

  • Like 4
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, CF MRC said:

Looking at the photo and your modelling Kevin, it appears that the tall triangular upstanding at the front should be symmetrical both sides of the partitions. Of course, it may be the viewing angle of your rendition.  It’s quite crazy really, when you consider how small all this is!

 

I agree.  Missed it!  Fortunately that is an easy fix.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • RMweb Gold
9 hours ago, CF MRC said:

With a bit of help I have nearly completed the newsagent - tobacconist at York Road tube station. 

F9E736ED_FF43_4E75_A866_7A6E193BDA90.jpe
However, someone would rather have had me throwing a ball for him. 
20C1DB9E_640A_4AAB_BAF3_461ECB2499D7.jpe
The shop will be finished after a bit of weathering and a name board - but who?

 

Tim

 

If you can find the Kelly's Guide for the year that the model is set. One easy way of doing that is the reverse side of the Godfrey Collection repoduction OS maps.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Joseph_Pestell said:

 

If you can find the Kelly's Guide for the year that the model is set. One easy way of doing that is the reverse side of the Godfrey Collection repoduction OS maps.

 

The University of Leicester Library has the vast majority of them available freely online, up to the 1910s.

 

http://specialcollections.le.ac.uk/digital/collection/p16445coll4

  • Informative/Useful 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

It is a tradition that shop names are of Club members / people who have contributed to the layout.  There are two strong candidates for the tobacconist. 
 

Tim

  • Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • RMweb Gold
8 minutes ago, CF MRC said:

It is a tradition that shop names are of Club members / people who have contributed to the layout.  There are two strong candidates for the tobacconist. 
 

Tim

 

 

Looking superb Tim.

Denys, with his trademark pipe would have been perfect for the tobacconist.

 

Jerry

Link to post
Share on other sites

He already runs a butcher’s shop up the Cally, Jerry. He took a slightly dim view of taking on a butcher’s shop. 
 

Tim

Edited by CF MRC
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • RMweb Gold
13 hours ago, CF MRC said:

With a bit of help I have nearly completed the newsagent - tobacconist at York Road tube station. 

F9E736ED_FF43_4E75_A866_7A6E193BDA90.jpe
However, someone would rather have had me throwing a ball for him. 
20C1DB9E_640A_4AAB_BAF3_461ECB2499D7.jpe
The shop will be finished after a bit of weathering and a name board - but who?

 

Tim

Stunning modelling as usual. One of my wife and my all time favourite layouts.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, CF MRC said:

CF has developed its own history and archaeology, we are only it’s custodians and certainly wouldn’t be allowed to change shop names. 
 

Tim

 

I appreciate what you are saying, and I'm not suggesting getting rid of any names,

just maybe if someone seems more appropriate as a newsagent, than a butcher,

(for example) then swop them, but I don't want to rock the boat.

  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Do any of the 2MM Mag's previous editors have a business?  Stewart Hine, Geoff Balfour,Mick Simpson to name but three?  One of them would seem appropriate for a newsagent.

 

Jim

Edited by Caley Jim
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.