• 2 weeks later...

A few more pics, this one of the set in an eight coach eastern region formation.

7211621426_6704b986e8_z.jpg

252 complete set by Shane Wilton, on Flickr

One of the first class vehicles

7211624508_5ec636a7ba_z.jpg

Mk 3 FO by Shane Wilton, on Flickr

Finally the power car cab under construction, with the filler applied and smoothed off.

7211621744_511f750528_z.jpg

power car cab by Shane Wilton, on Flickr

cheers

Shane

• Like 14

• RMweb Premium

Excellent job Shane, I like the video, the sound effects are very effective. All you need now is Dynamometer car 3 in Derby test centre Blue and Red and you can emmulate the pics in the MR magazine. I made a kit for it a couple of years ago http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/blog/665/entry-5202-lmsbr-dynamometer-car-3/

but I have since sold the rights for it to Shawplan.

Once again, congratulations on a superbly executed project.

Ian

Brilliant Shane, just brilliant.

The MR article mentioned a minimum run of 50 for the power car mouldings from a supplier. I reckon those would have sold like hot cakes.

Cheers,

Dave

I'm sure they would but I would not like to inflict the pain of fitting all the etched slats for the cantrail grilles on anyone else. I will be working on version 2 of the power car, which will incorporate the lessons learned from this build. Hopefully before Bachmann announce the NRM limited edition. Which is something I expect to happen within two years, according to sods law.

cheers

Shane

• Like 2

Excellent job Shane, I like the video, the sound effects are very effective. All you need now is Dynamometer car 3 in Derby test centre Blue and Red and you can emmulate the pics in the MR magazine. I made a kit for it a couple of years ago http://www.rmweb.co....amometer-car-3/

but I have since sold the rights for it to Shawplan.

Once again, congratulations on a superbly executed project.

Ian

Hi Ian

We actually spoke about this at Warley last year. I have since spoken to Brian about this and there is a plan, just need to make sure it happens.

cheers

Shane

• RMweb Premium

Hi Ian

We actually spoke about this at Warley last year. I have since spoken to Brian about this and there is a plan, just need to make sure it happens.

cheers

Shane

Sorry Shane, I just didn't make the connection when I saw the name. If Brian hasn't been able to help yet ( I know he has been mowed out with work this year), try contacting Mike via Brian. I sold two kits to Mike and he may well not need both.

Cheers

Ian

It must have been fun riding on a Mark 1 coach at 125mph even on BT10 bogies!

Being an RKB it would have no seats - these coaches were largely Kitchens with a standing area and buffet at one end. It was used as a 'stop gap' in test runs before the prroper Mk.3 catering vehicles were completed so probably saw little real use. It would be interesting to know how many meals were actually prepared in it.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hi Shane

Really loved the MR article, really brought back some memories of the beast when it arrived on the WR. It's a stunning model and appreciate how much work this must have taken.

I fancy giving this a go and have bought the genesis class 252 ends as a start. Is there any possibility of making the cantrail grilles and other grille etches made available commercially - Shawplan?

Neil

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...

This is a really fantastic project. Wonder if a 7mm one would be a goer? Hmmmm..........

Well it could be possible-MK3 coaches will be relatively easy. Power cars a tad more difficult but I sure would like to give one a go. However where would you run it!

Paul R

7mm power cars, (albeit 253) available from PRMRP.

Yes indeed but a tad more difficult to modify these than a plastic 4mm version. However not I would suggest impossible.

Paul R