Any plans for an electronic copy?

Poindexter

Hi Ben, Chris, Dibber etc

Any plans on making RM available electronically? It could encourage more people to buy it.

I have recently being buying BRM (because of Nigel Burkins articles on the weedkiller 20s) electronically and have enjoyed it. Now if it was the paper edition I would not of bought it. I would of read the relavent article in Tesco or smiths kicked the wrapper under the aisle and placed the mag back. But the reduced cost seems to make it a worth while purchace for a couple of articles (I have no Interest in steam)

But MR has a better spread of relavent articles for my interest and an electronic version might tempt me to buy more than the 4 or so copies a year that I do. Also I think the hobbies various magazines really do lend its self well to this format. Just look at Andy Y's MI 1,2 and 3. A real feast for the eyes!

So come on MR catch up and I'll buy more.

Guy

• RMweb Premium

Wow, what inspiration to do so!

It could encourage more people to buy it.

I would of read the relavent article in Tesco or smiths kicked the wrapper under the aisle and placed the mag back

an electronic version might tempt me to buy more than the 4 or so copies a year that I do.

What maybe 6?, less if they contain articles about steam locos?

Nothing like a COMMITMENT. Probably won't buy any electronic versions, once he figures out a way to copy a friend's paid for version for free.

Probably risking the moderators wrath here, but I wonder why Dibber hasn't answered yet?

:sarcastichand:

Kevin Martin

It may convince me to buy it as I live overseas and got fed up with the 4 week delivery.

With electronic media becoming more popular, I´m surprised MR hasn´t jumped upon the bandwagon too.

So it looks like I´m on your side Guy.

Thanks Andy.

Obviously my attempt at humour re the standing joke about mags in wrappers was not taken well by some members, who obviously like to deconstruct people's posts and then speculate that they will copy media illegally. Cheers Kevin, get a life.

Guy

Dibber25 didn't respond because he's been enjoying himself riding VIA Rail (and Nightstar stock) in Canada for the past four weeks. However, I'm no longer involved in these sort of policy decisions or plans so I wouldn't be able to comment one way or another. As Consultant Editor, my role is mainly in model-making, writing for the three Bauer railway titles and general editorial support. Happily, I no longer have to wrestle with the thorny questions of what MR does next in print or digital or how it might do it.

CHRIS LEIGH

• RMweb Gold

:offtopic: :offtopic: :offtopic:

Reading your post Dibber I thought I would attach this shot of 2 head units, 14 Ex nightstar stock and an observation car in Halifax nova Scotia september 2009. and if you look closely there are 3 RML's in the top left corner.........you wait for 1 then 3 come along.......

post-4738-0-20550100-1338501522_thumb.jpg

• RMweb Premium

Thanks Andy.

Obviously my attempt at humour re the standing joke about mags in wrappers was not taken well by some members, who obviously like to deconstruct people's posts and then speculate that they will copy media illegally. Cheers Kevin, get a life.

Guy

No doubt the various magazines WILL be available as downloads one day. Model Rail isn't a magazine that normally comes in a wrapper, at least not here.

Kevin Martin

• RMweb Gold

I'd like to add my vote for a digital version. I currently subscribe to the electronic version of Model Railroader and think the format is great.

The current £55 overseas subscription for RM is prohibitively expensive for me.

Archived