PETER'S SPARES MODEL RAILWAYS LTD

GWR Man

Must recommend Peter's Spares ,a very helpful set of people ,all my emails (quite a few) were answered prompt and were informative . Site is very good and they only took a week from placing of the order to arrival in Australia ,highly recommended :clapping: GWR Man

• 4 months later...

Thanks for the kind words we are always trying to offer a better serive if possible. Please check out our new web site.

I too have had stuff via ebay - satisfied customer. i wasn't aware of a website though....... link?

Guest Linthorpe

Another satisfied customer, strangely it is not that far from me but postage is cheaper than the bus fares so I have not actually been there :O

• RMweb Premium

Several people have recommended Peters Spares to me, and it's only 5 miles from where I live. I really need to get off my a*se and go and have a look. Have looked at the website, though. One or two items in the pipeline!

Jeff

Didn't take much imagination to work it out...

http://www.petersspares.com/

very true, and possibly lazy of me not to promptly engage with google forthwith, however if someone mentions they have a website and they expect others to use it I would have thought it sensible to have provided if not a direct link at least the address.

• RMweb Premium

if someone mentions they have a website and they expect others to use it I would have thought it sensible to have provided if not a direct link at least the address.

This isn't allowed and so 'Peters Spares' were acting correctly

Commercial postings and links

Aside from personal classified advertising that meets the defined criteria, postings and links of a commercial nature are only permissible with the express consent of the administration and/or moderating team. Joining the forum to solicit trade will lead to removal of the posting and possibly membership of the forum.

Any postings that contravene the rules will be removed from the board. RMweb accepts no liability for any transactions carried out, whether via this facility or by any private arrangement.

• RMweb Gold

This isn't allowed and so 'Peters Spares' were acting correctly

Commercial postings and links

Aside from personal classified advertising that meets the defined criteria, postings and links of a commercial nature are only permissible with the express consent of the administration and/or moderating team. Joining the forum to solicit trade will lead to removal of the posting and possibly membership of the forum.

Any postings that contravene the rules will be removed from the board. RMweb accepts no liability for any transactions carried out, whether via this facility or by any private arrangement.

But it only takes a quick PM to Andy to ask first ;)

I've used them a couple of times via ebay, service is excellent, if pricey compared to the much missed Modelspares and EKM - but if you want that part .....

Placed an order with Peter's Spares on eBay at about 9pm on Monday evening and it turned up today (Wednesday) - can't really ask for more than that! The £4 postage looked expensive, but when I read further, I realised that that £4 would pay for postage on several items, so it's a flat fee whether you order one or more items. Not really all that much when you consider that one visit to the eBay "shop" saved me buying from three different suppliers, so in the long run I ended up saving on postage.

Dear all we are still reviewing our postage and as soon as we can get a better deal from someone other than Royal Mail we will re-work it but as comented buy other customers the postage is a flat rate so you can get one or 20 items etc for the same amount.

Thanks again for all the kind coments. Peter, Peters Spares Model Railways Ltd.

Re the modelspares coment, we may seem more expensive but this is the sign of the times well they did close over 3 years ago so all prices they had are now outadated. All prices increase year on year it's like saying a leading supermarket petrol is more expensize than a local garage that closed 3 yesrs ago so if you take this into account we are not. Thanks Peter

• RMweb Gold

Another vote from me and Peter is most helpful on the phone too, considering the range of small parts he has to deal with each only making a tiny sum I think the prices are very reasonable don't forget valve gear etc takes just as much time to pack safely as a piece of stock. Try buying LGB spares if you think these are expensive, if you can get them you wonder with some if buying the item again with a years warranty might be better!

• 1 year later...
Guest Digital

Ist time order from Peter's Spares.

Ordered Sunday, Posted Monday arrived Tuesday.

Very well packed and postage rate very reasonable.

All in all great service with great communication.

Archived