PETER'S SPARES MODEL RAILWAYS LTD

GWR Man

I have used Petersspares several times via both ebay and website. 

Very good service.

I usually build up the order to the maximum level and pay the minimum postage to OZ.

And its still a lot cheaper than if I bought items from a shop locally.

Mark in OZ

As a confirmed user of Peter's spares it came as an added bonus to me when I looked at their website and realised the picture for the link to their page dealing with "Catalogues and CD's" the edition of the Railway Modeller with one of my layouts, Brockley Green SE4, on the front cover. Very nice. :boast:     

I totally agree with all of the comments above. Every time I have dealt with them I have received quick, efficient & friendly service.

Their stock lists are absolutely massive, & they always seem to have those 'must have' obscure spares unavailable elsewhere.

Their prices are very competitive, & the level of service is wonderful (no connection, just a very satisfied customer)

Cheers

Rob

• 1 year later...

Can we just take a moment to get the web banner and title of this thread correct, please - or at least to match?

On the website banner we have Peter's Spare's and on this forum Peters Spares.  

I know this is RMWeb and not Grocer's Apostrophe web, but could someone have a word....

Can we just take a moment to get the web banner and title of this thread correct, please - or at least to match?

On the website banner we have Peter's Spare's and on this forum Peters Spares.  

I know this is RMWeb and not Grocer's Apostrophe web, but could someone have a word....

c7cd2da0ba4d26f21855da673744b3da.gif

I've corrected the topic title but I think the banner may be harder going.

• 1 month later...

Excellent service on spare Nem pocket couplings, by return, well recommended.

Stephen

Further to the above - First time I have used Peter's Spares;. Hornby adviseded them (as one of 2 possible sources) for T9 spares.

Order placed/confirmed 13.13hrs on 20/6/2016, arrived appropriately packed 1012hrs 21/06/2016- Outstanding response time

Parts did cost a little bit more than one or two other sites but on the plus side they did have all the bits I wanted in stock.

I note also that they appear (for T9 anyway) to have ("self-sourced"?) at least one spare that appears on Hornby diagram, that has figured in a possible T9 problem area but is not listed as as an item in the available spares list - i.e. PS61 - The motor mounting plate

Highly recommended - They will certainly be my first port of call for spares in future

Further to the above - First time I have used Peter's Spares;. Hornby adviseded them (as one of 2 possible sources) for T9 spares.

Order placed/confirmed 13.13hrs on 20/6/2016, arrived appropriately packed 1012hrs 21/06/2016- Outstanding response time

Parts did cost a little bit more than one or two other sites but on the plus side they did have all the bits I wanted in stock.

I note also that they appear (for T9 anyway) to have ("self-sourced"?) at least one spare that appears on Hornby diagram, that has figured in a possible T9 problem area but is not listed as as an item in the available spares list - i.e. PS61 - The motor mounting plate

Highly recommended - They will certainly be my first port of call for spares in future

No surprise there, I always use them for Hornby spares. :-)

No surprise there, I always use them for Hornby spares. :-)

Just to add to what Paul said, they're about the best place I've found, especially being in the US, he has "sensible" costs for postage to me.

Additionally, Peter (I've had various email discussions with him) has to be one of the most helpful blokes on the planet.

Sadly, as he often laments, some of the items that are "Temporarily out of stock" he has no idea when he'll receive, as spares from Hornby seem to vary in availability from "millions available" to "rarer than hens teeth". He's consoled me on many occasions when trying to obtain spares, especially accessory packs for various locos.

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

I've used both the eBay shop and the website. Peter is very knowledgable and helpful, point you in the right direction if you are unsure about anything. The service has been excellent on both accounts and I will definitely be using them again when ever I need spares.

• 1 year later...

Some positive feedback from me for Peter's Spares - I ordered various bits from them last week which turned up in the post very quickly. I've just realised that they sent me the wrong size of one of the types of Plastruct sections I ordered by mistake - just got off the phone with them and they are sending the correct ones out to me today and allowing me to keep hold of the 'wrong' ones - all for no charge.

Great service, thanks Peter's Spares!

• 8 months later...

Archived