Waverley Route Signal Boxes

millerhillboy

Not too sure about the signal boxes, but there are a few Lauder Light Railway plans available from the NRS ... I've done a catalogue search and your best bet is from item 61 onwards, as per the following link. Apologies if you've already been down this avenue of online research.

http://catalogue.nrscotland.gov.uk/nrsonlinecatalogue/overview.aspx?st=1&tc=y&tl=n&tn=n&tp=n&k=lauder+railway&ko=a&r=&ro=s&df=&dt=&di=y

Thanks for that 37175, will try and follow up the link.  Having few problems with PC!

Tedster

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

I think it was technically still ScR when the box was built though.

The major boundary change wasn't effected in the area until 1958; that being the date that Kingmoor and Canal entered the LM region and the administrative boundary moved from Etterby Junction to Gretna Junction (I think the latter happened at the same time).

Thought it may look like the box that was at Kinneil, so googled that.  Naturally lots of links to the SRPS and Bo'ness and Kinneil Railway.  But it did also give a link to the box at Ratho on the RailScot site, which looks to be the spit of the one at Brunthill.  See:

http://www.railbrit.co.uk/imageenlarge/imagecomplete.php?id=35510

Further searching resulted in finding the picture of Dunning, here:

http://www.signalbox.org/gallery/sc/dunning.php

Which indicates this was a ScR standard design from 1948 to 1954.

Didn't find a picture of Kinneil, but that OT for this thread anyway!

I think it was technically still ScR when the box was built though.
The major boundary change wasn't effected in the area until 1958; that being the date that Kingmoor and Canal entered the LM region and the administrative boundary moved from Etterby Junction to Gretna Junction (I think the latter happened at the same time).

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Canonbie Colliery Signal Box

I've just had a phone enquiry to see if I had a photo of Canonbie Colliery signal box from someone who intends to build the colliery branch in "O" Gauge. 

I've never seen one of it, or indeed, the ground frame at Canonbie station but perhaps someone can help.

Apparently the box was closed in 1921 and the section extended from Riddings to Langholm.  The Canonbie Colliery tokens were reamed for re-use and the one that I've seen in the Liddesdale Heritage Centre, still has the tail of the "y" of "Colliery" visible.

Perhaps someone can help the modeller: I can out you in touch with him.

Bruce

• 3 years later...