Severn Valley Railway

steve fay

• RMweb Premium
9 hours ago, Phil Bullock said:

That’s great news . Hope that also means the return of buffet cars …. And then dining services

The buffet cars will probably be next year just down to logistics. On train dinning has not been commented on, however new staff will have to be recruited first. 

Noticed over the last couple of days a Gresley buffet has been attached to the end of one of the rakes of coaches. 
Just moved to the area and my home office looks across the line near Northwood Lane foot crossing. Needless to say I don’t get a lot of work done between 1030-1130 every morning!!

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

20 hours ago, billywhizz said:

Noticed over the last couple of days a Gresley buffet has been attached to the end of one of the rakes of coaches. 
Just moved to the area and my home office looks across the line near Northwood Lane foot crossing. Needless to say I don’t get a lot of work done between 1030-1130 every morning!!

Yes the unique LNER Restaurant Car 7960.

• Like 1

Morning all. 
Just seen 2 HST power cars being towed by a GBRF 50 towards Kidderminster. Any ideas why they are at the railway and where they are heading for? 
I saw the 50 heading up to Bridgenorth early this morning light engine and did wonder what was happening. 
Cheers. 
Bill. 

Edited by billywhizz
Typo

• RMweb Premium

The Railway is providing storage for some HST power cars. There are 5 or so at Arley, I did not count as was more interested in stopping in the correct place. 

Not sure where you were seeing the 50, there were no booked moves today although there was an ECS yesterday. 

Thanks for the info. Didn’t know the railway had Power Cars stored at Arley. The 50 was light engine early this morning and came back towing the power cars. Having just moved, I’ve not had chance to get out and explore the line yet.  
Regards, 

Bill. 

1 hour ago, Blandford1969 said:

The Railway is providing storage for some HST power cars. There are 5 or so at Arley, I did not count as was more interested in stopping in the correct place. 

Not sure where you were seeing the 50, there were no booked moves today although there was an ECS yesterday. 

Saw the 50 heading towards Arley near Northwood Lane crossing. It would have been before 0730 as the wife had not left for work when it came passed. 

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, billywhizz said:

Saw the 50 heading towards Arley near Northwood Lane crossing. It would have been before 0730 as the wife had not left for work when it came passed. 

Must have been an engineering move as there was nothing in the STN or WTT for today. Its not unusual for a move out of hours.

The 125 power cars are at Arley for a bit, but will be gone from there before we start setting up for Xmas in October.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Blandford1969 said:

Found out that 2 of the power cars went to Kidder today for brake shoes to be changed. (Whilst aware of the move I was not aware it was today) Apparently the brake shoes are different on the different power cars. 

Thanks for the info. 
Went up to Arley after work for a look. 

919AC7C5-09C4-44B1-9147-BE46AA9FCCC1.jpeg

E09BFE34-0251-492B-A89A-15678AD5C4C6.jpeg

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Finally got back over to Bewdley on the 14th this month. Was able to get some shots of ICI Hopper 3252 prior to my last photos in November 2020 following it's repaint but before the iconic ICI letters were returned to their place. Besides 3252 I was able to get the usual rolling stock alongside GWR 1501.

14th October 2021 - Bewdley

51595484587_817322a957_b.jpg

51596299676_e5958cbea3_b.jpg

51597197215_8419b3d2d3_b.jpg

51597193925_1cf8567e38_b.jpg

• Like 9

• 3 months later...

Hi all. 
last couple of days a steam loco has been regularly running up and down the line light engine. I’m assuming it is visiting the railway for some sort of shakedown testing? Sadly I’m just a bit too far away to see what the loco is but don’t recognise it as one of the “home fleet”

Anyone know what the loco is, there is nothing on the WTT. 
Regards,

Bill. 

• RMweb Premium

Britannia is here for testing for 4 weeks, operating from Kidderminster to Highley - the line north of there is under Absolute Possession for work at Sterns where over one thousand tons of material has been dug out before the lightweight fill goes back in its place. 

It is doing 4 trips per day. 

When the testing is completed the plan is it goes back by rail

As for Sir Nigel whilst yes it is coming for testing, we have not been told when and is certainly not here yet. 

• Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Finally started to sort my photos from the SVR Spring Gala's Preview Day and Spring Gala events. An outstanding four days (three out of four myself) and three amazing visitors. My highlight being the LSWR S15 506 and being able to see GWR 813 working once again after last seeing her work in the Spring Gala of 2019.

Well done to the SVR!!

21st April 2022 - Kidderminster - Bridgnorth - Spring Gala 2022 Preview Day

52029705639_5c060db9ec_b.jpg

52029453781_c55f116408_b.jpg

52029705124_6ae9cf5973_b.jpg

52029487118_a8a491813d_b.jpg

Edited by Garethp8873
  • Like 11

Looking on the Unofficial SVR Page on Facebook, it seems GWR 813 will be not be attending the South Devon Railway for their 150th celebrations or the Embsay and Bolton Abbey Railway.

On Saturday she was failed due to a 'broken spring'. Upon further examination, it has been learnt that the casting which is part of her rear spring housing under the coal bunker has failed. The casting will have to be removed, a new pattern made, then the new casting machined and refitted.

Really saddening to read this as she was amazing to see working over the last several days at the Gala... 😢

52030970438_21cb7193b2_b.jpg

Edited by Garethp8873
  • Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Evening All,

I had a day out on Sunday and went to the Spring Steam Gala on the Severn Valley Railway.  Needless to say I took a few snaps and a feet of video footage and I have now started the process of editing and uploading the results to YouTube.  So, if anyone would like to have a look, here are the first three short (i.e. between two and three minute) clips of a train ride from Kidderminster Town to Arley:

Hope they're of interest.  Plenty more to follow as time permits...

TTFN,

Ron.  

• Like 5

I spent most of the day on the SVR enjoying the sunshine as well as the trains at Highley.  The first two videos from there are now on YouTube with one featuring the LNER teak carriages hauled by SIR NIGEL GRESLEY and the other showing the B.R. Standard Class 4 as it sets off for Kidderminster:

TTFN,

Ron.

• Like 5