Folkestone Model Railway Exhibition

RF900

60 stands including:

Ashington, Bad Boderan, Ballyconnell Road, BW Lutzen Ost, Cedar Canyon Junction, Crimson Road, Cripps Bottom yard, Harton Gill, High Peak, Leavesden, Loch Tat, Mallingford Central, Mineral Point, Much Firkin, Orestone Quay, Roundhouse, Rowland's Castle, St Nicholas, Southbridge, Thomas, Warren Lane & Warren Park.

Trader Support from : Coastal DCC, Footplate Models, Intercity Models, MB Models, Railroad Trading, Railroom Electronics, Roxey Mouldings, The Signal Box(Rochester), Tools 2000, Unit Models & Woodpecker Books plus many more.

Hornby & the Hornby Collectors Club will also be attending.

Entry prices: Adult: £5, Senior Citizen: £4, Children: £2. Family Ticket (2 adults/2 children) £12

More details can be found on our website: http://www.folkestone-mrc.com/page56.html

• RMweb Gold

Yep, I suppose I have to as wwe are taking a layout!!

Seriously, we are looking forward to it as Folkestone have always organised a good show when we have been there in the past.

Driving down and setting up Saturday morning.

Ian

TonyA and myself are taking down the German Railway Society stand. We will be assisted over the weekend by Keith (Tetsudofan). We have a choice of spending Saturday evening at the Folkestone Riding Club quiznight, with my sister's lunatic cat and dog, or going for a meal. Anyone fancy joining us in the latter endeavour?

Bill

• RMweb Gold

We arrived at about 08.00. I Took us about 50 minutes to unload down to the Channel suite but once the it is a pleasant place to be.

Layout had a few hiccups in the morning that it's never had before but all was well in the afternoon.

Busy show today and some great layouts which there are some I hope to see tomorrow if all goes well.

Let's hope it's dry tomorrow evening unlike this morning

It was a good weekend.

Particular thanks to fellow Tonbridge MRC members who helped crash operate Southbridge along with loading and unloading.

Guilty due to diminshed sight (other operators leaning across my sightline so couldn't check to make sure I had set the points in fiddleyard and ended up trying to put 3 trains into a 2 train road :nono: ), but thanks for the plays Graham. It was good to meet the Rm Webbers I know, apologies to the others I didn't get a chance to meet.

Colin

Happened to be in Kent over the week end, so I dropped in at the show. I was very impressed by the show. I found that the having the show at many levels seemed to spread the load of people and gave one a chance to view everything at leisure. Well done the organizers and exhibitors. Only one rucksack noted!

BEST LAYOUT COMPETITION RESULTS IN STAND ORDER: (points)

Ballyconnel Road (26), Bad Boderan (15), Selstead School Layout Competition Entry (72 - 3rd place), BW Lutzen Ost (23), Warren Park (38), Loch tatt (110 - 2nd Place), Leavesden (57), Rowlands Castle (215 - 1st Place), Much Firkin (6), Warren Lane (54), St Nicholas (7), Southbridge (7), Cedar Canyon Jct (30), Mineral Point (54), Cripps Bottom Yard (19), Thomas (52), High Peak (2), Orestone Quay (68), Round House (15), Harton Gill (24), Mallingford Central (3), Ashington (18), Crimson Road (11)

All in all a successfull exhibition, now time to continue with 2013 & 2014 & 2015......

• 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived