Leeds City, the Midland Side, in 4mm.

TheLaird

Really enjoying watching this develop, I was a big fan of Bradfield which I thought was superb and still watch the videos now of the daily train movements.

This layout promises to be even better and it also reminds me of the many hours I stood at the Platform ends with sandwiches and pop in hand waiting for something new to arrive

• 2 weeks later...

27173801_885797094928415_858893447360613

Meet 1088, 1014 and 5 recently released into traffic. These will help with the services out of LCS, not only the Sheffields but other exotic destinations such as West Hartlepool, Sunderland, Darlington, Northallerton, Harrogate and others!!

Disappointing for some, there do not appear to be many Loco hauled services that head out over LCJ other than a Cardiff and the Morecambes etc.

• Like 14

Is that laminate floor under-foam? The ridges in it put me off using it in my fiddle yard. How do you find, please?

Jonathan,

I'm sure John won't mind me answering, at least in part. Thee variety that He's used is very flat, but I know what you mean as some I've used, under flooring, has had the ridges you describe.

I think it's just a case of choosing the right one.

Meet 1088, 1014 and 5 recently released into traffic. These will help with the services out of LCS, not only the Sheffields but other exotic destinations such as West Hartlepool, Sunderland, Darlington, Northallerton, Harrogate and others!!Disappointing for some, there do not appear to be many Loco hauled services that head out over LCJ other than a Cardiff and the Morecambes etc.

It might be just the fact that I have an obsession with BR 1st generation DMU's, but those look pretty good together. Who says that virtually the same trains in matching liveries don't look good together?

• Like 1

Meet 1088, 1014 and 5 recently released into traffic. These will help with the services out of LCS, not only the Sheffields but other exotic destinations such as West Hartlepool, Sunderland, Darlington, Northallerton, Harrogate and others!!

Disappointing for some, there do not appear to be many Loco hauled services that head out over LCJ other than a Cardiff and the Morecambes etc.

Looking great :)

In the case of Craven's ones, most definitely a 'rattle' :)

I would not want to be called a rivet counter Andy, but should your signature not read "Sic Viscerit Industria"?   :scratchhead:

Best wishes,

Howard

People talk about Borchester Market as being a seminal piece in model railways, I think we have our modern take on it right here and this one is based on a real location.

Mind we also have Peterborough North, Grantham, Liverpool Lime St - maybe we are entering the high point of large scale quality model railways