The railways of Ben Ashworth country.

Tintern to Parkend? How?

• 1 month later...

Some updates, Got 3 sound locos now, and I've done some more work on Parkend and Tintern, plus going the whole hog with dcc too.

I have modified a Hornby Skaledale Dunster station building until I can work up the courage to scratchbuild or get built a better Tintern station building.

20130825_154117_zpse0b4b5bd.jpg

20130825_154001_zpsd7cbbcb9.jpg

20130825_153935_zps715cc372.jpg

20130825_153928_zps2086b3ef.jpg

20130825_154101_zps89b3b2ad.jpg

20130825_154041_zpsa3695ac6.jpg

20130825_154027_zps7a864acb.jpg

20130825_154019_zps6014967d.jpg

20130825_154008_zpsbd3e4ffb.jpg

I dunno... they seem to run almost any old thing on the DFR these days... :D

Seriously, I do like your model of Parkend - it is certainly recognisable.

I think it's a shame that the real DFR has cut off the old sidings and line to the road (which led to Marsh Wharf) since re-opening the Station. I can only imagine it must have been done to reduce trackwork maintenance costs, and/or more likely as a dreaded "Elf'n'Safety" measure so that the already-implausible risk of a runaway train heading for the road was mitigated for entirely... :rolleyes:

Yep, I've reinstated it and relaid the old through road to the works across the road, purely for stock stabling and for road removal of demic vehicles or vehicles for repair at the flour mill.

As for the stock, I always had a weight restriction in mind for the Wye river bridge which mean't no big engines, but I've always fancied a twin tender scotsman so "applied" for lottery funding to strengthen the bridge :no:  Also recently bought a LTD Edt Fairburn in Caledonian livery which was a particular favourite of mine from yester year.

Yep, I've reinstated it and relaid the old through road to the works across the road,....

I must admit that's something I didn't know aout Parkend. I wondered why the 'extra' level crossing gate was there!

The siding that the EMU is sitting on used to connect back to the main line to form a loop around the platform, but I should imagine you knew that already, and anyway I don't think it could be re-instated now on the real thing even if the DFR wanted to, because of the new position of the Signal Box, so I'll just shut up now and keep on admiring... :)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Great photos, where did you get that Caledonian Loco from?

As far as the railways commitee is concerned it is on loan from the Lakeside and Haverthwaite Railway in Cumbria, and was repainted especially for the loan, but in reality it came from Ebay, a Bachmann owners club limited edition.

And has had sound fitted!! Oh Yeah!!

• 6 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Archived