Stephen Fay’s diorama builds. GCR Kirton Lindsey tunnel

steve fay

Back to work on the scenics today,post-5983-0-07494000-1460126796_thumb.jpeg

Had to take a brake whilst 5043 drifts down the bank on a Plymouth to Manchester express.

post-5983-0-79682800-1460126859_thumb.jpeg

D7022 powers up the grade on a short goods and therefore not requiring a pilot.

post-5983-0-46320200-1460126918_thumb.jpeg

Falcon passes on a test run to Cardiff.

post-5983-0-31181000-1460126984_thumb.jpeg

The signal mans path.

I've received some nice point rodding stools from Modelu that will also be used in this project.

Edited by steve fay
  • Like 9

A little progress on the bracket...

post-7179-0-79542300-1460580568_thumb.jpg

Looks sort of right but...Steve, do you have a scale drawing you can send me of the tunnel mouth that it will stand against so I can finalise the height and fit the baseplate?

Ta.

JF

• Like 8

It's the Newport ( South Wales) O gauge show tomorrow, great little show & I hope to see some of you there.

I'd love to be there but I'm saving my pennies for the do at Leigh on the 23rd. Don't think my wallet would stand the strain of 2 shows in a week!

Anyway, this signals getting closer to completion...

post-7179-0-00672600-1460751743_thumb.jpg

JF

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

I've planted a few wild flowers this weekend, these are from the mininature range. Phil has made a start cutting the signal box so that should t be to far off now.

Looking nicer by the day Steve. Any joy with the tunnel mouth drawings and dimensions yet?

Looking forward to seeing the signal box build!

JF.

ARP Signal box kit taking shape with Phil ( Intentio designs ) for Severn tunnel east. The kit should be available soon. It's an austere design but one you don't often see modelled. post-5983-0-25816000-1461524616.jpeg

Jon tunnel mouth PDF shouldn't be to much longer

Edited by steve fay
  • Like 9

ARP Signal box kit taking shape with Phil ( Intentio designs ) for Severn tunnel east. The kit should be available soon. It's an austere design but one you don't often see modelled. attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

Ooh now that looks nice. Looks a bit like Castle Cary Box. Will it also do for Ranelagh Bridge ?

JF

• 2 weeks later...

post-5983-0-56507100-1462463881_thumb.jpeg

I've given the down main a coat of JLTRT track dirt down the centre.

post-5983-0-95547600-1462463941_thumb.jpeg

The first completed train for Gaer Junction the Roath docks Cardiff to Soho Birmingham Regent oil train. The newest 5 tanks need transfers added. I've also ordered the tap castings from Jltrt to add to the tank ends. Just needs a fitted brake Van for the tail end. The real train was loaded to 20 wagons.

post-5983-0-33171600-1462464920_thumb.jpeg

The engineers train has grown now the dog and catfish are back home. The cat still needs transfers added and the custom etch plates from narrow planet for the crane shouldn't be to far away now. Best news is JLTRT are going to produce the sea cow and mermaid ballast wagons. The next wagon for this will be a peco engineers Toad & a pair of Grampus wagons.

Edited by steve fay
  • Like 9

ARP Signal box kit taking shape with Phil ( Intentio designs ) for Severn tunnel east. The kit should be available soon. It's an austere design but one you don't often see modelled. attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

Hi Steve, I like the signal box, what is the brickwork relief like on these models ? some of the ones I have seen "not sure which make" the mortar lines relief is poor almost non existent

Best regards

Craig.

These ones are Fantastic, Phil's kits are te best I've built. The little PWay hut is one of Phil's, there are a few pictures of it painted up a little earlier in the thread

Edited by steve fay