Stephen Fay’s diorama builds. GCR Kirton Lindsey tunnel

steve fay

My shopping list is getting longer and longer. I did secure some nice photographs of Gaer junction last night with more to follow.post-5983-0-21775400-1463217887_thumb.png

Signal box kit for STE is nearly ready and I think you will agree it's looking superb. You can see why Phil will be doing all the kits for Ranelagh Bridge plus the hillfield tunnel mouths on Gaer junction.

Edited by steve fay
  • Like 3

Phil's kits are superb, I've had the chance to build kits from timber tracks and laser craft Devon range & Phils always come out on top.

He will be commissioned to do the tunnel mouths on Gaer junction as well as most of the buildings for Ranelagh Bridge plus any other layouts I decide to build!!

Edited by steve fay

Met up with Phil today and collected the signal box kit, it's a fantastic kit and extremely well thought out. The kit is available now for any one who wants one.

Another side project which is for Severn tunnel east is this thing!!

post-5983-0-69015500-1463864633_thumb.jpeg

It started out as a Lima MK1, I set about it with a dremel and cut the sides off. I've added some ply for rigidity.

It will have a laser cut base U section for the chassis sides. Steam heat and vacuum pipes, screw couplings and GWR bogies. This jag from the atlas edition TV offer will live on top along with with a Mini!!

It's not a scale model by any stretch just a representation. Add a large Prarie and a brake compo and your away

• Like 4

post-5983-0-12338100-1464017479_thumb.jpeg

Back to the brake down crane, I collected some red spray this morning and gave the plates a coat and left to bake in the sun.

Narrow planet have done a top job with all lettering legible. These were done for a great price too. Highly recommended.

• Like 3

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

Picking out various bricks in three different shades plus a little dry brushing, then a white emulsion all over and wiped away, it will have a few weathering washes to tone it down.

Painting bricks; almost exciting as ballasting track. Nice job though.

A quick bracket signal update to go with the signalbox Steve.

Basic painting and re-assembly done. Lots to do yet before it's finished but it has been mechanically/electrically tested and works ok!

post-7179-0-59218900-1464469059_thumb.jpg

JF

• Like 2