Glebe Road Junction.

hybridangel77

Hi

Looking pretty good so far liking the graffiti on the bridge.

i have in my bit box some steps of the same make as yours if you drop me a pm with you address i can send them to foc if you like, they would match up with the rest of your latice.

this is not any kind of criticism of you bridge just trying to help out with some bits i no longer need i was using them om my lincoln central layout but there no longer needed.

Regards

JOHN  

Hi john

Thanks for the comment and for also offering me some bits from your box but i have now finished the bridge 

but is a shame as they would have been very handy last week.

Oh well at least i know who has some spare bridge parts if needed,lol.

Thanks again john

terry

Hi Terry

Do you have some photos of you the new 57 and the 31 in network rail, as you said a few posts back up...

I would like to see them... if not to much trouble to do...

Jamie

Hi jamie

I already have some photos of my class 57 in my gallery if you want to take a look.i will try to get some photos uploaded 

of the 31 and also 37 in network rail.i have another class 37 on its way to me this week as well.

terry

This is an old metcalfe card kit signal box that i have modified some what.i was going to buy a new ready made 

Hornby or Bachmann signal box but thought i would save myself some money and rebuild the one i had as i do like 

the style of it bit did not like the fact it was made from card.

So i took it apart and added steel flooring and so that it over hung around the edges then added the yellow security fence.

I then replaced the roof with wills roofing tiles and chimney then i repainted and weathered it all.

Lighting was then added inside and i am now just waiting to get the interior handles just to finish it off! 

post-17682-0-86869800-1359658372.jpg

post-17682-0-45304000-1359658384.jpg

• Like 8

As you can see in these photos i have now added the path around the signal box.it was made using plasticard again then painted 

in a concrete color.

I have also added the cables from underneath the box to the rails then added a steel ramp for workers to pass over.

And as you can see i have just started to glue the ballast so it is still wet in the pictures.once its dry i will get out the airbrush 

and give it all a weathering.

Oh and for some odd reason there is an old traffic cone sitting on the gangway.

post-17682-0-62319100-1359659056.jpg

post-17682-0-16991700-1359659066.jpg

• Like 7

I have also been adding new billboards up and around the station.these were just downloaded online and 

printed out onto photo paper then just added to billboards from ten commandments.

The posters are of the film PROMETEUS and the tv series THE WALKING DEAD.I am a huge aliens fan and of all 

types of sci-fi as you can tell from the posters.

post-17682-0-49305100-1359659881.jpg

post-17682-0-47075200-1359659890.jpg

post-17682-0-16594500-1359659923.jpg

• Like 7

I have now started to scratch build some platform billboards.i have tried to copy one i see at a local  station.

So here is my first prototype and if it fits in i will build some more!

The footbridge looks very nice with the graffiti added Terry.

I was just wondering if that platform advertisement billboard was made with transparent plastic with an LED lighting it from below with the poster stuck on the outside, it would really bring them to life.

Might give it a go myself.

All the best.

Andy

• Like 2

Awesome Terry, you are setting the new standard for us all to follow.

Thanks jason.i did loose the mojo to build a new layout when i got rid of the last one and i now have it back and loving the building stage right now.

I think my modelling skills are far better this time round so that gives me confidence to try out new things.

terry

• Like 1

The footbridge looks very nice with the graffiti added Terry.

I was just wondering if that platform advertisement billboard was made with transparent plastic with an LED lighting it from below with the poster stuck on the outside, it would really bring them to life.

Might give it a go myself.

All the best.

Andy

Hi andy

Thats a very good idea mate.but not sure where i would start tho to be honest.i will have to look into it.if you find a way to do it please let me know.

cheers terry

Nice job on that Terry, pictures looking great as always mate!

thanks matey

Thats a neat detail, that might otherwise might be overlooked.

its very easy to miss out little detail like this as it often gets unnoticed, however its detail like this that makes it even more realistic even if 

you dont notice it at first you know its there in the back ground which makes up the full detail of todays railway.

• Like 1

its very easy to miss out little detail like this as it often gets unnoticed, however its detail like this that makes it even more realistic even if 

you dont notice it at first you know its there in the back ground which makes up the full detail of todays railway.

Totaly agree with you Terry about the extra detailing,realy brings the layout onto another level :sungum:

• Like 2