Gilbert

Pixash Lane

Just been doing a bit of fettling and mending as Pixash will be at Wycrail on 5th November.

...and I've also been experimenting with some different shunters...Sentinel has a Digitrains Zimo installed and as long as I keep my track clean is really fun to operate.

post-1107-0-79236100-1470929145_thumb.jpgpost-1107-0-40323800-1470929155_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

And very nice they are too Gilbert.

Thanks Andrew

I'll post a photo of the Heljan 05 as well once I mend the hand rails..amazing what you only see in a photo...

Chris

I think Pixash has run it's course as an exhibition layout and it's not practical for me to set it up at home. It's stored now and I'm keen to see it go to a good home rather than be broken up - any suggestions as to how I go about a sale? I'm not interested in making loads of money but feel it must have some value? Your thoughts would be  appreciated...

Chris

Edited by Gilbert

I think Pixash has run it's course as an exhibition layout and it's not practical for me to set it up at home. It's stored now and I'm keen to see it go to a good home rather than be broken up - any suggestions as to how I go about a sale? I'm not interested in making loads of money but feel it must have some value? Your thoughts would be  appreciated...

Chris

Hi Chris,

Bentley MRG have a track record of buying up second hand layouts and reasonably local so maybe of interest to them? Failing that eBay, I managed to sell Pallet Lane through ebay, with ironically part of it being bought by a Bentley member. Also edit the Layout thread title on here to include "For Sale" which may get some interest?

Edited by 37114

Sounds very good advice Rob and wishing Chris every success for a speedy and valued sale of Pixash.  Long may it operate.

Best

Thanks to all for their help and suggestions.

Pixash Lane has today been delivered to a new owner and will hopefully be putting in an appearance at some more local shows over the next year or two.

I have not completely withdrawn from 4mm and a small quarry layout may appear soon....

ATB

Chris

• Like 2

I can now announce that the layout's next appearance will be at the Calne Show on 20 & 21 January next year.

Geoff Endacott

• Like 2

Hello to all who posted in this thread, I have been involved in model railways for just over two years at the Bentley Model Railway Group. Have operated this layout at Train West(2018) and Calne(2019) with other members of the club. Members who have operated the layout have all taken a shine to it. A few weeks after the Calne show I volunteered to become the clubs co-ordination for the layout hence why I am introducing myself to the thread

At the moment the layout is being rewired and we are looking at increasing the size of the fiddle yards.

Have also bought a Raspberry Pie, Arduino Uno and Motor shield to have a go at making a DCC controller (by following instruction on the internet). The idea being to try and embed a controller in the layout

Progress will be slow as I only attend the club house once a week for a few hours. Due to me liking a good chinwag and a hot drink I do not always get to work on the layout.

If people want me to keep the thread updated with progress reports please say? Also I hope people do not mind if I want to ask for advice as well?

Thanks Taff

• Like 1