Kernow Class 121 (N Gauge) in WR choc/cream

Andy Y

Cs.jpg

I have a rather splendid Kernow LImited Edition of the Dapol Class 121 sat on the desk in its attractive WR chocolate and cream livery applied for the GW150 celebrations and unveiled on 1st June 1985 at Reading.

Bs.jpg

As.jpg

D.jpg

The model features:

5 Pole skew-wound motor

Low friction mechanism

pinpoint metal wheel bearings

DCC Ready (6 pin socket)

Heavy chassis for improved haulage

Super-flush glazing

Wire handrails

Working Directional Lights

Ultra-fine injection moulded body

Exclusive to Kernow Model Rail Centre - limited edition of 150 pieces.

The model is available to purchase for £109.99 here - http://www.kernowmodelrailcentre.com/product/29209/ND118Z_Dapol_Platinum_Class_121_Diesel_Railcar_number_W55020

The model is to the same excellent standard as the Dapol release but benefits from the more detailed bespoke livery carrying Set No. 120 on its yellow ends. The white painted finish to the roof is excellent in its density and is crying out for a spot of weathering but I have to resist as this is the very first production model to come into the UK and is accompanied by a letter of authenticity as this first model could belong to an RMweb reader as part of a fund-raising activity for the Railway Children between Kernow Model Rail Centre and RMweb in connection with the Taunton Members' Day.

More details will follow in due course for Members' Day visitors and RMweb readers.

• RMweb Premium

Hi,

Saw this mentioned on the last KMRC newsletter saying main shipment expected June.

Checking my records I see I've had this on pre-order since December 2010, not a problem for me at all in the time it's taken to get here - what a superb job they've done on it :sungum:

Won't be that much longer now before that 'dispatched' email arrives :senile:

Regards, Gerry.

Would it be cruel to add a photo of the real thing, at Reading depot open day?

post-6971-0-28998600-1366272842.jpg

file dated 1986-7, but that may well be wrong, as it was scanned from a loose print.

Much later edit: 1985 apparently was the open day at Reading

is it me or do the model's cab front numerals in the '120' look  3 different sizes and not level?

They certainly don't look level (but not different sizes) although rather spookily so do the numbers in the pic of the real unit also not look level.

G.

this first model could belong to an RMweb reader as part of a fund-raising activity for the Railway Children between Kernow Model Rail Centre and RMweb in connection with the Taunton Members' Day.

More details will follow in due course for Members' Day visitors and RMweb readers.

Please see http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/70914-rmweb-and-kernow-mrc-raising-funds-for-the-railway-children/ if you're interested in bidding for this model.

• RMweb Premium

I think that open day at Reading was in June 1985.  I also think that unit was repainted in NSE after only a year or so.

I remember seeing it on the Greenford services in chocolate/cream livery and it was repainted about February 1987 in the earlier paler shade of NSE blue with stripes.

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hi gang,

Kernow have emailed to say model dispatched - when I rang today I was told upstairs merrily? packing orders. Hopefully the up mail! will bring out the goodies.... well now by road but hopefully in a few days we shall have had deliveries!

Robert   

• RMweb Gold

Well, arrived today and runs a treat and looks the part - issue with number on front not on mine and good to note ther electricfication warning sign is correctly top left of "secondmans" screen- much better. at £109.99 not a bad price for a favourite model! - I cna now retire my old MTK offering .  

All we need now is the 117 and 119/120 to complete the DMU "set"

Robert    

Archived