The Reely Grate Manufacturing Company

Mike

This weekend will be my last but one show for 12 months when Primrose Hill appears at the Solihull Show this Saturday. Then in 2 weeks time 28/29th November all 3 modules Reely Grate/The Muck Works/ Primrose Hill will be at the NEC for the last time. In the last 2 years I will have done 26 shows so it's about time to take a break.  smile.gif

This weekend will be my last but one show for 12 months when Primrose Hill appears at the Solihull Show this Saturday. Then in 2 weeks time 28/29th November all 3 modules Reely Grate/The Muck Works/ Primrose Hill will be at the NEC for the last time. In the last 2 years I will have done 26 shows so it's about time to take a break.  smile.gif

Shows can be fun but hard work Mike, so I empathise a good run though nevertheless!

Kind regards,

CME

Over the next few days it's all about getting ready for Warley. I'm busy sticking bits back on wagons after the Solihull show when some heavy handed shunting by novice operators caused some wagons minor damage. I'm also fitting new 3 link droppers to the auto-couplings so not only do they look better but are more efficient ( said he hopefully).

• Like 3

Over the next few days it's all about getting ready for Warley. I'm busy sticking bits back on wagons after the Solihull show when some heavy handed shunting by novice operators caused some wagons minor damage. I'm also fitting new 3 link droppers to the auto-couplings so not only do they look better but are more efficient ( said he hopefully).

Good Luck with the show MIke, sorry to hear of the wear and tear! Can we have some photos of the three link droppers, Im not happy with the staple versions I have been experimenting with.

Thanks in anticipation,

CME

Good Luck with the show MIke, sorry to hear of the wear and tear! Can we have some photos of the three link droppers, Im not happy with the staple versions I have been experimenting with.

Thanks in anticipation,

CME

Nothing special just a couple of brass links with a steel link on the end, seen fitted to my modified 00 tension lock couplings in NEM pockets. These can be removed and the buffer beam re-instated.

post-185-0-03009100-1448203938.jpg

post-185-0-23130800-1448203968.jpg

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Hi Mike,

It was a pleasure to see all three parts at Warley today and even more so to be able to spend so much time talking to you. I only went this year as I wanted to see the full setup before you sold it on. I was not disappointed! Having seen each end separately in the previous two years it was quite special to see the full set together. I'll look through my photos tomorrow to see if I have any different enough to be worth posting, though I spent so much time talking to you that I didn't take as many as I intended. Besides the quality of your modelling, which is apparent in so many aspects, I particularly like your ethos towards the hobby with that quality allied with plausible yet humorous back stories.

You now have your well deserved 12 months off from shows, but I look forward to your return with you new layout at Warley next year... which gives me a reason to come again! Thank you for the pleasure you've given with Primrose Hill, the Muck Works and Reely Grate both at shows and on the forum here. They've almost driven me into the arms of 7mm!

Kind regards, Neil

• Like 2

Just a couple of happy snaps taken at Warley before it goes into the care of Tim Johnson who hopes to continue exhibiting it. I'll publish his details for any interested parties a.s.a.p.

post-185-0-40166500-1448971963.jpg

post-185-0-86082600-1448971981.jpg

post-185-0-88555900-1448972001.jpg

Now to start the New Layout and a new thread.:)

• Like 7

The 2015 Warley show was the first time that I had seen this layout - or maybe that ought to be those three layouts in close proximity.  I am glad to have seen your work before you pass the layout on to new owners, very atmospheric and attractive modelling... a good advert for 7mm in a small space.

Thank you for writing about the build both here and on other forums.

Edited by Western Star
  • Like 1

Hi Mike,

Can you please let us know when you will be starting a new thread as I have really enjoyed following this one. Have you got a name for your new thread yet? I would hate to miss out.

Thank you for all the pleasure that following your thread has given me.

Rod

Hi Mike,

Can you please let us know when you will be starting a new thread as I have really enjoyed following this one. Have you got a name for your new thread yet? I would hate to miss out.

Thank you for all the pleasure that following your thread has given me.

Rod

The new thread will be Wellington Street, Oh! no I hear you say not another Industrial layout, but yes. On Saturday at the NEC I purchased what has to be the bargain of the  year 4 new packaged Marcway 0 gauge points for - wait for it- £60. OK, I have spent a couple of hours modifying them to live frog etc., but what the hell. I have rail and sleeper strip in stock the baseboards built so its all systems go. Watch this space or another one with the new title.;)

• Like 10

The new thread will be Wellington Street, Oh! no I hear you say not another Industrial layout, but yes. On Saturday at the NEC I purchased what has to be the bargain of the  year 4 new packaged Marcway 0 gauge points for - wait for it- £60. OK, I have spent a couple of hours modifying them to live frog etc., but what the hell. I have rail and sleeper strip in stock the baseboards built so its all systems go. Watch this space or another one with the new title. ;)

Mike,

Can't wait! Look forward to the new thread,

Peter

• RMweb Gold

I've taken a look through the photos I took on Sunday and there are a few that maybe warrant posting here. In the spirit of things I thought I'd add a couple of captions as I went along...

post-13426-0-96661600-1449002993_thumb.jpg

"Yes, I remember when there really was two gates across here, but they say that wasn't where the name came from..."

post-13426-0-29450700-1449003019_thumb.jpg

"If I find that you've been taking pot shots at this lamp with your catapult again I'll tan your behind!"

post-13426-0-53761200-1449003026_thumb.jpg

"According to my list, this van was meant to have gone on the last run out!"

post-13426-0-57011900-1449003035_thumb.jpg

The very unoriginal... "When I nod my head..."

post-13426-0-33964500-1449003075_thumb.jpg

And finally... Man by the open shed door: "You alright? You look a little perplexed". Man on the platform: "I am... I was sure they could use this siding the last time I was here!"

Thanks Mike for such a fun layout for taking photos, it looks great and there's not a loco in sight on any of them!

Kind regards, Neil

• Like 8

The captions to those photos add something to how we see the detail, having read the texts I wish that I could pop down the road for a shufty...  just to check what happened next.

If I may add....  the photo of Noah Hinghley's works caused me to think about Ma Pardoe's hostelry and the only time I had a taste, on Bridgnorth station in the early 1980s.

• Like 2