The Reely Grate Manufacturing Company

Mike

A slight tweaking of the track plan, it will be a mirror image of Reely Grate. The canal arm at the front with the transhipment shed front left and the canal side factory front right. It will have a traverser right hand end which allows the head shunt to be shared and keeps the overall length to 48inches (1.292 metres).:) The plan is to allow both Reely Grate and Bumble Hole to be operated independently as well as allowing through working, all within 8.5 feet :)

• Like 1

Hi Mike

Can you tell me how you have built the inset track please. I'm particularly interested in how the flangeway was achieved - or have I missed an explanatory post somewhere?

Cheers

Dave

Daifly I imagine it's as simple as finding the wheel back to back measurement then applying that onto the cobble sheet and cut just to the inside then stick it down precisely up the track middle.  B to B 29mm you can always test each cut piece by using a wagon wheel set as a gauge.   Remember this is the inside to inside measurement of the wheel set so you would want to be a little under that with the insert cobble piece.

Regards

Perfect answer, thanks. I had either missed (possible) or forgotten (most likely) this particular post. For the benefit of others, this is what Mike posted on FC's thread:

The inlaid track on Reely Grate was constructed by soldering one rail on its side into the web of the running rail:-

post-5366-0-95089200-1382251206.jpg

Cheers

Dave

Edited by daifly

One of the many requirements for exhibiting a layout is information about the model so I have started providing just that. Here's the first two of the said sheets/signage, I know boring but necessary. :)

post-185-0-76165100-1382700938.jpg

post-185-0-36559300-1382700843.jpg

snapography in the workshop.

• Like 9

• RMweb Gold

I like the idea of the add-on layout then it suddenly occurred to me you could have a string of them mix and match. All of them could be safely stored using the fold up construction.

Don

Me me me want one too but just had to replace the gas heating and hot water boiler sofunds sucked up.  Spend it only once that's my motto.

Ahh well Santa informed but it may be next March [my birthday] before I'm ready to get one again and by then they all may be gone.

Regards

Just adding to the scene where young Kenneth is getting a right ear-bashing there is now a gaslamp with a broken pane and soon there will be a pram wheeled go-cart once I have finished painting it.

post-185-0-09937800-1384088061_thumb.jpg

photo taken on my phone camera not the best image. :)

• Like 2