Arboretum Valley - Invasion of the Daleks

Kal

At this rate miniature modellers will be out of business soon.....except for the novelty of having something hand made.......

This is where I should make a derogatory remark about plonk 'n play, but... I have an interesting remark to make on that issue, shortly...  :sungum:  (first time I've used that)

Hal

Found some Christmas Tree light's for next year............ :drag:

A string of 12 chip SMD lights in 4 colours. Think of the possibilities!The strand of light is made to run on 3 volt power. Included free with any length string purchase is a  AAA holder with on/off switch. Since the string is 3-volt ready you can cut the string to any length at any location. Each light is 1-1/4" (1.25) inches apart. £15.99

lightstring.jpg

• Like 3

A string of 12 chip SMD lights in 4 colours. Think of the possibilities!The strand of light is made to run on 3 volt power. Included free with any length string purchase is a  AAA holder with on/off switch. Since the string is 3-volt ready you can cut the string to any length at any location. Each light is 1-1/4" (1.25) inches apart. £15.99

lightstring.jpg

Do NOT let Jaz see these! Delete this post for the sake of our sanity!  :scared: 

Those lights look like fun   ...........      do you know where they are from dt?

lightstring.jpg

......   probably take me to the Christmas after next to source some  ......     :scratchhead:

lightstring.jpg

15.99!!!!!!!! Are you mad???? I'm as tight a a badger bum....just for a few lights????............. How many light do you get in the price?????

18"........that's not cheap as chips.....but I like the lit Bollards......the flashing beacons......police box / TARDIS with a flashing light.....can it spin and float??????

vending machine with interior light........

nice link......am investigating........might be a while...... :sungum:

And....I have picture of Daleks and Cybermen on layout as per Christmas Special with snow........

lights....camera.....action...

a Christmas Special.....delayed.....

brought to you by Zollywood Studios.....

queue Dr Who (sylvester McCoy) waling along....looking for T.A.R.D.I.S........

when he is already having a bad day.....in fact a bad hair day.....he really should put the hat on his head!!!!!

It can only get worse.......

med_gallery_17883_3493_220831.jpgrmweb4040drwhodaleks

ooooh I think the Dalek missed him......

um...nope.......The Dokktor.....Enemy of the Supreme race of Daleks.........E X T E R M I N A T E!!!!!!!!!!! (Hal will be SO relieved LOL)

med_gallery_17883_3493_413228.jpgrmweb4041DrehoDaleks

.....about now I need some smartie pants with computer skills to put in a nice flashy thing from the weapon.....not that it reaches Dr Who!!!!!!

• Like 6

15.99!!!!!!!! Are you mad???? I'm as tight a a badger bum....just for a few lights????............. How many light do you get in the price?????

Ah, but think of your Carnival/fun Fair/ Circus pieces! All those figures glimmering in the light! - and then, of course - there's Blackpool!!! 

Do NOT let Jaz see these! Delete this post for the sake of our sanity!  :scared: 

Ah, but think of your Carnival/fun Fair/ Circus pieces! All those figures glimmering in the light! - and then, of course - there's Blackpool!!! 

Now that's just mean........black pool illuminations..........ok I'm sold......will be investigating......meantime back to the Christmas Special......

The couple seem oblivious, the old woman barely knows what to do...it is her dog barking at the red Dalek!!!

And one sensible bloke in the distance is on the run......why he doesn't chuck the bags and increase speed I have no idea......

med_gallery_17883_3493_24782.jpgrmweb4042drhodaleks

whats the red thing on the floor? A bomb? It's just one of those days when you wonder if it can get any worse....

The couple ducking down the side alley don't seem too concerned either....

med_gallery_17883_3493_519543.jpgrmweb4043drwhodaleks

• Like 5

No wonder, your ipad can't spell,        it cant read,  either.....

670px-Make-Your-Christmas-Lights-Flash-t

A string of 12 chip SMD lights in 4 colours. Think of the possibilities!The strand of light is made to run on 3 volt power. Included free with any length string purchase is a  AAA holder with on/off switch. Since the string is 3-volt ready you can cut the string to any length at any location. Each light is 1-1/4" (1.25) inches apart. £15.99.

Add it to the roof Velux budget...........

Edited by David Todd

Ummm  ..........................

No wonder, your ipad can't spell,        it cant read,  either.....

A string of 12 chip SMD lights in 4 colours. Think of the possibilities!The strand of light is made to run on 3 volt power. Included free with any length string purchase is a  AAA holder with on/off switch. Since the string is 3-volt ready you can cut the string to any length at any location. Each light is 1-1/4" (1.25) inches apart. £15.99.

Add it to the roof Velux budget...........

.........   Velux AND electric string   ............   £15.99    ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,    SOLD!  ......   :sungum:  :sungum:  :sungum:

....Oh yeah the man with the case......running away from the Daleks.....

med_gallery_17883_3493_395975.jpgrmweb4044drwhodaleks

His day is not going to well either......

refocus  same picture..........

med_gallery_17883_3493_136876.jpgrmwb4045drwhodaleks

...am assuming the kids are thinking it is a TV set, and they might get autographs.......let's hope they are right........

• Like 6

Do you mean the 7th Dr Who?

post-21705-0-42121600-1423047480.jpg

(Must admit I had to Google him)

So you claim you actually saw him in Louth yesterday - carrying his panama? :boast:

Now where is that "I'm SERIOUSLY impressed button?

:senile:

dh

edit - I can't spell

Edited by runs as required
  • Like 2

Not strictly true    .........

Do you mean the 7th Dr Who?

attachicon.gif7 th Dr Who.jpg

(Must admit I had to Google him)

So you claim you actually saw him in Louth yesterday - carrying his panama? :boast:

Now where is that "I'm SERIOUSLY impressed button?

dh

edit - I can't spell

..................    Just taking a longer time to remember some words these days   ............    Either that or you are one of Ed Balls Political Advisors    .....................       :nono:

.................. Either that or you are one of Ed Balls Political Advisors    .....................       :nono:

I did watch him on Newsnight last night

To be fair he did say he'd just come from the dinner party where he said "he'd met ...um Bill....um Bill..."

I bet most of the time you Raf lot could never remember on the way back from the mess whether you'd actually had anything to eat or not - never mind who'd been at the bottom of the pile ontop of the WC :jester:

dh

Oh, my goodness me   ........    :O  ...............

I did watch him on Newsnight last night

To be fair he did say he'd just come from the dinner party where he said "he'd met ...um Bill....um Bill..."

I bet most of the time you Raf lot could never remember on the way back from the mess whether you'd actually had anything to eat or not - never mind who'd been at the bottom of the pile ontop of the WC :jester:

dh

..............   you mean that that was a WC underneath that pile    ............     :stinker: 

I thought it was Mess Rugby  ...........   no wonder the Wg Co's trousers were round his ankles  I just imagined he had hold of the ball [ cushion was the normal replacement - in the Mess] and someone had de-bagged him to stop him running   .......    

I do remember once grabbing someone's head to heave him off the ball  - :locomotive:  - only to find it belonged to the Gp Capt, who mearly smiled and remarked that the effort to pull his head off was unlikely to succeed in revealing the ball, as the rest of his body was under the pile rather than on top of it .......   Ooops  ...     :nono:

• Like 2

I also found a way to improve painting the 'cups' use a round headed item nd touch it against the shape leaves a spherical occasionally stretched...requiring repainting....I had to repaint 5 times to get it to a satisfactory level, once I thought it was dry.....it wasn't.....black ran everywhere.......the rest was a none to steady hand. But much better than the first wo models which might get a touch up. Left one that smudged so you can see the result...(my excuse I'm sticking to it.. :angel: )

med_gallery_17883_3112_239060.jpgrmweb4048dr who daleks

the gap there is slightly too much....but in no way am I planning to address it. And photographed at a better angle it is not noticeable. The 'flaw' is on all the models.

med_gallery_17883_3112_250101.jpgrmweb4049dr who daleks

But all in all I am pretty pleased.

• Like 5