Arboretum Valley - Invasion of the Daleks

Kal

• RMweb Gold

Oh and we will probably by asking for input, as the ideas evolve, any creative ways to helping make them look good in the areas, and also how to roll one into the next without adding scenic breaks. We have already discussed the facts that in this part of the loft the leading edge of the tables does not necessarily have to be a long straight line, allowing tracks to move quickly into different depths of the layout, and using PIR to help with the height issues. We have to go above and below the tie bars, so the top of the window frames are limited by the 'under the tie bar' then support for lift of scenery WHEN it is not supporting track will also be done. But more of that when we start into the old loft. We have used the time to work on the problems we know will occur, and hopefully some of the solutions we are intending to use will work out well. 

Tables will therefore tend to be 8ft or 4ft long by 3ft deep, although the scenery layer will be deeper, coming forward or going back as the roof line allows to maximise space, and the table pushed backwards or forwards so a track does not need to have too sharp a curve in order to be further back or forwards on the next table, allowing different depths of scenery around the tacks......This concept is probably hard to follow....me making myself as clear as mud LOL.....I will be doing pencil drawings later, which will clarify.

Blimey :O

• Like 3

An interlude......

Greenpeace has been film Polar Bears supposedly walking through London

this is the type of thing that occurs when they walk through Canadian towns......

http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CAcQjRw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.dailymail.co.uk%2Fnews%2Farticle-2488048%2FInside-polar-bear-prison-northern-Canada-town-Churchill.html&ei=ifrIVOrWCsqCPb64gLAJ&psig=AFQjCNFrVU9O5KJz-nssu01YOL71aAC3vg&ust=1422543855122496

and I thought......I have polar bears, the safari area has NO snow or ice......hmmmmmm......

and once the thought was there......you know i just had to do it......

polar bears investigating bins...............holocaust movie anyone????????

take two aged Airfix model

med_gallery_17883_3112_132772.jpgrmweb3991zoofigurespolarbear

add some latex to plump up the coat, add a couple of layers of white

put come blue on the base and ice it, then some ochre for the fur and then rewrite it to a very pale shade

med_gallery_17883_3112_263458.jpgrmweb3992zoofigurespolarbear

go back and tidy up the mould lines....

• Like 4

add more shadow using citadel aggros earth shade and nulling oil, and some citadel abandon black for the nose, eyes, ears, and a water version for the paws ad claws....

med_gallery_17883_3112_307624.jpgrmweb3993zoofigurespolarbear

and then source a bit of snow and some bins as per the Greenpeace video.....ok I should have use the black plastic bags I modelled.....but this was faster......

now THAT would give you pause for thought.........

med_gallery_17883_3493_399053.jpgrmeb3993xmaspolarbear

• Like 3

and.....there is always an and.......the little VW beetle car peeping from the edge of the picture above just does not fit the bill......

ah....much more appropriate....

med_gallery_17883_3493_452752.jpgrmweb3997xmaspolarbear

med_gallery_17883_3493_359493.jpgrmweb3998xmaspolarbear

........hmmm thought to self......what excuse am I gonna find for the other animals that will be hard to fit in........ :angel: .............. :jester:

• Like 6

Polly

I find that the pictures with the shadows or light effects do add something, I also find there is only a small window of opportunity to get them. In my opinion my best pictures are taken early morning or late dusk. And the best lighting opportunities are in the summer when those shadows et are there for longer giving you more opportunity to 'set up' a nice picture, rather than race to capture something before the light goes.

I remember thinking Lincoln Central was hard to photograph because of strong light through a back window, and now I would look at it as a photographic opportunity. Will look forward to seeing the results, which of your threads will you upload the picture on, as I know several people are hoping to see pictures of the Stafford Show.

I completely agree. I loathe the flat as a frat (typo) that result from pictures under fluorescents. Seeing as you feel free to post World of Warcraft on my thread, I'll be a reasonably OT with by first "banner" picture. You'll see the tubes are OFF.

post-21358-0-53461500-1422487525_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

Jaz and kal  we do have this type of white bear as well besides the polar, grizzly and black bear

http://www.bearsoftheworld.net/kermode_bears.asp

kermode3a.jpg

Plus it looks like they need-one of these at AV for boo boo and yogi and to protect the public from them

Polar-Bear-trap.jpg

Unfortunately the size of the two I had appeared to be more Polar than Grizzly or Spectacled. I like the bear trap tho....I have never seen such a contraption before....

I also can't get the link to load...;(

.......Now don't get me started or I'll will want to add a Canadian / USA layout, and we can barely fit in the UK ones which we have half a chance of visiting in real life. 

The baby is so cute.....I suppose I could some time soon make one or two,I think they often have twins..... he can't be smaller than a dog...........

.......must be good....and my existing photos of rolling stock on AV will soon draw to a close.

I am grassing the back scene of Goathland at the moment. But there is a lot to do there, and nothing interesting to post regards it........just grass growing LOL. and I am going to buy in most of the trees, as small Hornby branches will do the majority of the  job, and making so many would be so borrrrrring.....