Digitrains

dave flint

• RMweb Gold

I saw a demonstration of DCC by Digitrains at a ToyFair in Lincoln when they first started, quite a few years ago now. That turned into a purchase of an NCE Powercab which was the perfect solution for me at the time and still is. I have since bought many other control units, decoders, track, etc. and have always found them very knowledgeable and helpful. One of the best model shops for DCC products and continuously increasing it's range of other modelling products

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Great service from Digitrains.

Ordered a Zimo Decoder with Class 52 Western soundtrack a couple of weeks back, as well as an SC68 Capacitor and not only did the order arrive quickly but the SC68 came soldered to the decoder, not a job I was relishing for sure.

... and the Western soundtrack is pretty impressive too!

Mike.

• 2 years later...

I'd seen a review on the Gauge O Guild Forum (for members only) of a DCC rig for around £150 - the PIKO Smartcontrol Light, based on the Uhlenbrock Daisy system which is around £100 more expensive. As I'm new to DCC I ordered one from Digitrains as a starter kit. The item was packed and shipped the same day and arrived the next - excellent service!

A couple of weeks ago I was in Lincoln for a few days and wandered out of town to their new location, just under the Pelham Bridge. I spent the best part of an hour with first Jeremy, who demonstrated various aspects of DCC control and answered my - often naïve - questions with patience and clarity. He than handed me over to John, who uses the PIKO system on his layout, who gave me a live tutorial of its functions (which really are extensive for what is notionally a basic set-up) and showed how to program locos, functions, routes, etc.

Whilst on the premises I noted that they stock a range of useful modelling items as well as RTR products, including scenic items, metal and plastic profiles and paints, glues and other stuff. Having tried to locate some styrene profiles for adding detail to an Intentio laser-cut building without success, on the off-chance I e-mailed Digitrains with details of those I was after (not everything is listed on their website) and had a prompt response from Nicole saying that they had them in stock and could be shipped today if I paid by Paypal. This I did and I've had confirmation the package is on its way.

Comprehensive stocks, knowledgeable and helpful staff, and a customer-centric ethos - highly recommended.

• Agree 1