Locomotive portraits

chaz

I suppose I ought to apologise for yet another snap of a Brighton Terrier, but I'm not going to...

DSC_1669-2700x495_zpscfe5161a.jpg

...they are such charming little locos, and this photo taken on the leafy Isle of Wight is one of my favourites.

Edited by chaz
  • Like 4

B12 8572 & B1 Mayflower 61306 arriving at Holt Station during the gala on Saturday.

If the quad-arts behind these two are not coupled to anything else that's a case of rather an excess of power available.

Would you like another B1?

DSC_3863700x469_zps89471f39.jpg

Much as I like apple-green, IMO B1s should be black!

Edited by chaz
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I suppose I ought to apologise for yet another snap of a Brighton Terrier, but I'm not going to...

DSC_1669-2700x495_zpscfe5161a.jpg

...they are such charming little locos, and this photo taken on the leafy Isle of Wight is one of my favourites.

I'm not going to apologise either, other than a quick apology for,the flags behind the loco!

post-12041-0-49065900-1410765388_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

Some photo's from Butterly earlier this summer :

Duchess of Sutherland in Steam for the day

DSC_0247_zps424a176c.jpg

Not sure when they will get around to preserving this one, must have been one of eight or nine diesels at Butterly in various forms of degradation.

DSC_0269_zps164aef3f.jpg

If anyone wondered where she was, well she's in the sidings at Butterly awaiting some TLC

DSC_0267_zps0c127bd1.jpg

Not an engine, but working for Royal Mail I found this TPO very interesting, after doing some checks in the archives, and talking to Butterly we can confirm that this is the TPO was involved in the Great Train Robbery, she's there in a shed complete with the bag catcher, mail bags etc, almost as if she was taken out of service the day after the robbery.

DSC_0264_zpsb87aa306.jpg

Edited by Graham Walters
  • Like 2

I understand that the TPO vehicle at Butterley is 30225 (according to their website) and this was not even in the formation of the train on the night the train was robbed.  The HVP (high Value Package) vehicle was 30204 and according to the people who have built the diorama it was scrapped.

According to Butterly, and the RM archives, this TPO was involved, the HPV would have been a separate coach, 30225 is a TPO where mail was being sorted, can't confirm, as I'm not sure, but the only access to the HPV would have been via the TPO.

• RMweb Gold

According to Butterly, and the RM archives, this TPO was involved, the HPV would have been a separate coach, 30225 is a TPO where mail was being sorted, can't confirm, as I'm not sure, but the only access to the HPV would have been via the TPO.

Contemporaneous photos show 30204 as the HVP vehicle and it is also listed as the HVP vehicle in a post which appeared on RMweb some time back - linked below and this also shows that 30225 was not in the formation of the train on the night of the robbery.  There could of course be an error somewhere and either the listed formation shows 30235 instead of 30225 or Butterley's website has done the opposite and has listed 30235 as 30225.

But whichever - 30235 was not among the vehicles detached from the train after it was initially stopped and it wasn't the POS that contained the HVP bags.

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=42098

I wish to cheat (under the OP rules), in that while this slide is in my collection I did not take the photo, but I think it is a nice portrait anyway.

post-4474-0-97965800-1411221876_thumb.jpg

If someone now tells me that this is actually a Colour-Rail slide, then I will conclude that virtually all steam images sold on Ebay are duplicates made of commercial slides.

• Like 3