Locomotive portraits

chaz

Not good photos, but of their time, taken on a cheapie firm's camera (they didn't believe in paying much for anything, including, as I recall, salaries.) Class 31 passing through Wallsall station and taken from adjacent building (on which I was carrying out an engineering survey) 

Marks out of ten for weathering? About 6 wouldn't you say - I thought British Rail was better at it than this...

Cliff

post-2411-0-77109000-1422616681_thumb.jpg

post-2411-0-38173200-1422616717_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

As the media -and especially the BBC - have told us many, many, many, many times over the last few days - its th 50th anniversary of Sir Winston Churchill's funeral, so we ought perhaps on this day have a BB. This photo is quite funereal, with the BB looking like its leading a cavalcade of the dead toward their doom. (Nowhere near as good as yours, TheSoutherner)

post-2411-0-83392800-1422718055_thumb.jpg

Edited by Peppercorn
  • Like 3

As the media -and especially the BBC - have told us many, many, many, many times over the last few days - its th 50th anniversary of Sir Winston Churchill's funeral, so we ought perhaps on this day have a BB. This photo is quite funereal, with the BB looking like its leading a cavalcade of the dead toward their doom. (Nowhere near as good as yours, TheSoutherner)

Thank you.

I can tell you though, you've got exactly the same engine in your picture, as I have in mine.

Thank you.

I can tell you though, you've got exactly the same engine in your picture, as I have in mine.

How interesting, Matt, thanks for that info. Its very encouraging, too, to see what was a near-rusting hulk back in service all nice and shiny, and a tribute to all those who restored her.

Cliff

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

LNWR 'Coal Tank' 1054 leads a set of Vintage Carriage Trust coaches across the River Worth bridge with the 11:25 from Keighley to Oxenhope on 27th February 2015, the first day of the Keighley & Worth Valley Railway's 2015 Winter Steam Gala.

• Like 5

LNWR 'Coal Tank' 1054 leads a set of Vintage Carriage Trust coaches across the River Worth bridge with the 11:25 from Keighley to Oxenhope on 27th February 2015, the first day of the Keighley & Worth Valley Railway's 2015 Winter Steam Gala.

Wonderfully evocative image of a favourite locomotive, there, Russ. Can't wait for the Bachmann model to arrive!

• RMweb Gold

47812 aka D1916 trundles into Huddersfield in pouring rain on 1st March 2015 with 0Z73, 13:00 Doncaster Down Decoy to Crewe HS.

• Like 7

Freightliner Class 70 is held at a signal so it was an ideal opportunity to get some photos.  The location is Slutchers Lane, Warrington with 70011 ready to depart for Stoke Gifford having unloaded at Fiddlers Ferry on Saturday 28th February 2015.

post-25512-0-52504800-1425238513_thumb.jpg

And then sets off with some smoke as the power is applied.

post-25512-0-18888800-1425238686_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold

Two for the price of one.

47815 'Great Western' and 47843 'Vulcan' restart 4D93, 10:26 Doncaster Roberts Road to Drax, after a signal check at Doncaster station on 2nd March 2015.

• Like 9