Lines in the Landscape

Peter Kazmierczak

Between the Class 66 and the photographer dozens of industries have existed. Blast furnaces, coal mines, quarries, lime kilns, chemical works, coke works, tar beds, gas works, slag reclamation and more. All served by a multitude of sidings and ropeworked inclines. Coxhoe Junction, ECML, 2004.

post-508-0-19480400-1439236304.jpg

P

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

A Northern Rail 153+155 combo crosses Cockden Viaduct, Eastwood on 28th August 2015 sharing the valley bottom with the A646 Halifax Road and the Rochdale Canal.

• Like 6

• RMweb Gold

I didn't quite nail the timing with this one - should have waited a fraction later.

Under a threatening sky, the 'green team's' 66519 rumbles across Todmorden viaduct with 0Z46, 09.19 Leeds Balm Road to Fiddlers Ferry Power Station, route training run on 2nd September 2015.

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

With early morning mist lingering in the cooler open countryside to the north, the graceful curve of York station is evident looking from above the city on 22nd September 2015.  The various halls of the National Railway Museum are to the left of the station.

A Trans Pennine Express class 185 passes the park and ride at Askham Bar on the outskirts of York on 22nd September 2015.  Correlating my camera's time setting against Realtime Trains suggests that it was 1P17, 07.00 Scarborough to Manchester Airport.

• Like 7

• RMweb Gold

You must have a long camera pole Russ.

Yes Peter.   :laugh:

It was a right pain to collapse it back into the camera bag I can tell you.

My camera platform for today was...

My Christmas present from last year from Mrs 4630 - the flight in the balloon that is, not the balloon itself, of course!  After a couple of weather cancellations over the past few months, today was the earliest that we'd been able to get a confirmed booking.  A fantastic experience and thoroughly recommended

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

66105 crosses the 440 yards and 24 arches of Ribblehead Viaduct in autumn sunshine on 30th September 2015.

The working was 4M00, 0702 Mossend Down Yard to Clitheroe Castle Cement. 

• Like 8