April 2014 Swag event - Do we have a date?

Donw

• RMweb Gold

After the ballast bunny I wonder what uses you've found for a taser?

It would certainly give a reluctant loco a jolt or perhaps replace one of those Relcos.

Don

• RMweb Gold

I can neither confirm nor deny that you should or should not still be in possession, or not in possession, of that non-legal tender, which, if offered, may or may not have been accepted by the kitchen staff at Taunton for a pasty, or not a pasty, as the case may, or may not, be.... :O  :jester:

Are you sure that you weren't a politician in a past life ?????????

• RMweb Gold

Getting back slightly to ON topic; CK, when will you be in a position to reveal or otherwise make a confirmation or denial of the content of this year's SWAG event? :declare:

Every year for as long as I can remember (oh, alright then, going back to 2008), this is a task that has to take its place along with the Captains' other regular duties at this time of year, some/most are work-related, others are not. I will certainly post the line-up in a separate thread as soon as I am in a position to do this, but will continue to work behind the scenes pulling everything together. There is some good stuff lined up for this year, plus some 'regular favourites' but I would ask those who already know that they are coming to keep their silence, until I can make the main announcement. Thanks.

Edit - even as I was writing the above, an e-mail came through confirming one of the key elements of the day!

• RMweb Gold

Every year for as long as I can remember (oh, alright then, going back to 2008), this is a task that has to take its place along with the Captains' other regular duties at this time of year, some/most are work-related, others are not. I will certainly post the line-up in a separate thread as soon as I am in a position to do this, but will continue to work behind the scenes pulling everything together. There is some good stuff lined up for this year, plus some 'regular favourites' but I would ask those who already know that they are coming to keep their silence, until I can make the main announcement. Thanks.

Edit - even as I was writing the above, an e-mail came through confirming one of the key elements of the day!

That'll be the front door key...

• RMweb Gold

Are you taking bids on that? :jester: 

You might very well think that; but I could not possibly comment!

And just how likely is that, then?  :P

Again, you might very well think that; but I could not possibly comment!

Hehe

Kind regards,

Francis Urquhart

• RMweb Premium

If true it is to be held in Staplegrove, would someone be kind as to give directions, postcode etc to get there please ?

Many thanks

andy

Post no 1 here .

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/67858-rmweb-members-day-at-taunton-2013-full-line-up-announced/

• RMweb Gold

Will there be a further issuing of Swagonia Pastie currency this year CK?

BD - I'm disappointed in you - you surely know what my answer will be..... ;)  :P

To keep the "jolly swagmen" solvent ? 

Dennis

I know we jolly swagmen like our drink, but to suggest that we'd settle for MekPak is taking things a tad far, if you ask me! ;)

BD - I'm disappointed in you - you surely know what my answer will be..... ;)  :P

I know we jolly swagmen like our drink, but to suggest that we'd settle for MekPak is taking things a tad far, if you ask me! ;)

I just wanted to make sure the Bank Of Swagonia was still trading, CK, what with the current financial crisis, the cost of parsnips, etc.

• RMweb Gold

I just wanted to make sure the Bank Of Swagonia was still trading, CK, what with the current financial crisis, the cost of parsnips, etc.

Let me assure you, most definitively, once and for all, and with not a trace of ambiguity, that an Official Spokesman for the Bank of Swagonia would neither confirm nor deny that the Bank was, or was not, still trading and that the Swagonian Pound, or some other currency, would, or would not, be in circulation (or out of circulation) for the Taunton Members Day (or any other event with or without a similar or dissimilar name)...

Archived