Bachmann 2014 ...for those with crystal balls....

coachmann

I suppose someone had to .....   ...  it's no wonder she looks frightened!

I suppose I could have written "price increases" but I guess you don't need crystal balls to see that.

P

Just out of interest/for clarification, if possible, (and being lazy thus not reading this whole thread from the beginning in case this has already been brought up/answered...) are we talking announcements for future models, or announcements for models ready to hit the shelves?

With all the build-up, it would seem to me to be a great marketing tactic on Bachmann's part to have the models ready for sale straight after the announcements have been made... or am I expecting too much :)

Any thoughts?

• RMweb Premium

With all the build-up, it would seem to me to be a great marketing tactic on Bachmann's part to have the models ready for sale straight after the announcements have been made... or am I expecting too much :)

You're thinking too small. Bachmann will announce that the models have already been on sale for several months and refer us to the "about to run out" section of Hattons website for details. This marketing tactic will prove so successful that next year's new models will be found to have been out of production since 2008 and will be available only on eBay. Future models will consist entirely of froth which will allow them to be produced quickly and distributed almost instantly via threads such as this one. Delays will be a thing of the past.

Any thoughts?

We need to see the 2013 announcements arrive first.  That said it's possible that 25th anniversary items might be made available for immediate sale, and that would make sense.

• RMweb Gold

We need to see the 2013 announcements arrive first.  That said it's possible that 25th anniversary items might be made available for immediate sale, and that would make sense.

I'd agree it would enhance the occasion if Anniversary products could be kept 'under wraps' and be released on the day without prior leaks.

It'll be a great trick if they can pull it off they way things stand. They presumably would have had such items planned well in advance but they could easily be subject to the same delays affecting their current programme.

However, that malaise applies to everyone who off-shored production to China and I mentally add a year to anything I am told these days!

Assuming Bachmann get back on track over the next year or so, their customary 18 month 'window' for models announced on July 25th will extend to January 2016. That seems quite far off at present but, as ever, it might not be long enough! 

John

Im certainly hoping and I think we will see alot of progress of models currently in development. Bachmann have probably been waiting for this announcement to show samples of the Stanier Mogul, Class 24/1, Warflats, Grain hopper, 20T tank wagon and more. It wont be surprising that any newly announced models will have been in development for some time and indeed very close to release. We can but hope.

Ive previously predicted 3 steam models, however could there be a chance of an upscaled Class 31? This would finally give us an annual release of multiple liveries rather than the sporadic Hornby release of a popular and widespread diesel.

Archived