Bachmann 2014 ...for those with crystal balls....

coachmann

dont forget there is always a page or two of mild smugness from those whose crystal balls were in perfect working order.....whether by luck or insider info.

also expect a fat dollop of "nothing there for me"......all the usual rmweb knicker twisting really :)

As a Southern Region fan what I would like to see is an S-15.

I "wouldn't mind" a K class (the N is a bit long in the tooth), or a revamped Lord Nelson, or a 4-4-0 like an L1- or D-class.

What I think I can guarantee is some new livery 2-EPBs as they seem to have all but disappeared since Christmas.

Some re-vamped Bullied coaches would be lovely.

The only thing better would be an Adams 4-4-2 tank  -  but that really should be done as a commissioned model.  (Once that is made then we can push for a P-class.)

As a Southern Region fan what I would like to see is an S-15.

I "wouldn't mind" a K class (the N is a bit long in the tooth), or a revamped Lord Nelson, or a 4-4-0 like an L1- or D-class.

What I think I can guarantee is some new livery 2-EPBs as they seem to have all but disappeared since Christmas.

Some re-vamped Bullied coaches would be lovely.

The only thing better would be an Adams 4-4-2 tank  -  but that really should be done as a commissioned model.  (Once that is made then we can push for a P-class.)

At long last I've finally managed to locate a Jidenco Adams Radial kit but I now guess from all the rumours that Bachmann will finally announce it so will hold off for a week or so just in case......

Bachmann could possibly add to their current back log of last years releases by adding a MK2 DBSO in Network Rail Livery as they are quite hot on departmental stuff at the moment albeit in other era's?!

A West Coast 87 would be nice as well?

And possibly a re run of the Class 350 but in Transpenine Livery?

OR a West Coast Railways 37/47/57 could all be possibles as they haven't produced a model in this livery as of yet (as to my knowledge)!

Sorry if this post has bored all you steam fans!

the class 20 is bound to receive lighting shortly.....

maybe too we will see the introduction on dcc lighting as an option on mk1 stock.

maybe another AL5 of some description maybe a new number (85/1?) or weathered.....

i think its too soon to suggest further livery announcements for the much awaited mk2f's until the initial releases have been received and reviewed.....again only a matter of time.a

• RMweb Gold

Apologies if this has been mentioned before..

With the incoming Bachmann 36-408 12x seated passengers arriving soon as part of the scenecraft range, I wonder if these are destined to populate the Mk2F coaches? Hopefully they wont need to much surgery to fit into other coach types and multiple units. Up until now I've been reliant on the 6pk, so a larger selection is a welcome addition!

Cheers

• RMweb Gold

No crystal ball needed with this one, just a prayer for a production-run of BR maroon Mk.I's...... :smoke:

Alas I've got far too many of those already - but a retooled (properly) version of the Colletts would be greatly appreciated although, I suspect, very unlikely.  My money remains on the Coal Tank and possibly a retooled 'Manor'

• RMweb Premium

Bachmann could possibly add to their current back log of last years releases by adding a MK2 DBSO in Network Rail Livery as they are quite hot on departmental stuff at the moment albeit in other era's?!

A West Coast 87 would be nice as well?

And possibly a re run of the Class 350 but in Transpenine Livery?

OR a West Coast Railways 37/47/57 could all be possibles as they haven't produced a model in this livery as of yet (as to my knowledge)!

Sorry if this post has bored all you steam fans!

I think the NwR DBSo is ripe for a limited edition release if anyone is brave enough to take it on. As long as they don't go down the route of printed grilles for those fitted with a generator.

WCRC stuff seems a good bet especially as the 57/3's can be done - should be cheaper to make as it doesn't need the added detail of a Dellner coupler!

Cheers,

Mick

Wouldn't the NWR DBSO require a retooling of the cab? They have had their cabs plated over at some point to make them flush. I would hope that Bachmann have allowed for this in the tooling but the release info so far looks like they are doing the as-built version first. A retooled version would broaden their appeal to the London-Norwich services.

I could be wrong but I seem to recall Bachmann have a policy of not accepting special edition orders until models are 2 years old.

• RMweb Premium

Wouldn't the NWR DBSO require a retooling of the cab? They have had their cabs plated over at some point to make them flush. I would hope that Bachmann have allowed for this in the tooling but the release info so far looks like they are doing the as-built version first. A retooled version would broaden their appeal to the London-Norwich services. I could be wrong but I seem to recall Bachmann have a policy of not accepting special edition orders until models are 2 years old.

Yes - but the plated cab, as you say, would do for the Anglia services. I don't know where I read it and I could be wrong, but I though Bachmann had announced a later flush fronted version. Unless that's wishlisting on the part of many others! (I have a couple more yellow DBSO/RTOV's on my to-do list - one with and one without a generator - and have already stripped down a the base models)

Cheers,

Mick

A class 37 has been modelled in WCRC by Model Rail as a limited edition. Plans were there for a class 47, but for one reason or another fell through. Vi Trains did do a WCRC 47 but my opinion is that its nothing to the Bachmann 47. With the recent toolings done for class 47/7 another run with these is likely and Id hope WCRC give permission for it to be done. The class 57 could be done as both 57001/6 and a 57/3 as these have been done. 57601 was done again as a limited edition, but has since adopted the standard WCRC livery and offers scope for another run.

With mention of Marroon Mk. 1s its surprising that no one has asked WCRC for permission to do a run of their stock on the mainline...

The other recent editions of 47s in DRS, might be a little too recent to acknowledge, but perhaps given timescales they can announce it and sort the graphics before the run in the factory. I still think liveries such as Virgin Cross Country, and EWS are likely to appear this year as Bachmann still havent done them and since the release of the Bachmann 47 they have slowly been getting more up to date. The recent Res and Intercity Swallow 47s Id been waiting for since the annoucement of Bachmann doing the Brush type 4, but they did many BR Green and Blue first.

If there was to be a model I think Bachmann might go for it would be to steal a march on the Class 156. That is crying out for a modern standard model akin to developments like the Realtrack 144 and no doubt Bachmanns 158. If they did a run like Realtrack where they did the model in such numbers that it would be able to produce liveries across the units time in service I think your really about to make a mint. A run of Provincial Super Sprinter, Regional Railways Express, First Group (Scotrail) and Northern Rail blue would give modellers the chance to buy something they need for their time frame immedaiately without having to wait for a subsequent release. I also dont think such liveries would overlap and conflict with sales, as one (the First Group) with a little bit of swapping transfers can soon model one for North West and later North East.

Still, aside from all this modern stuff... they might still make a Raven designed 0-8-0.....

Now the class 101 is done I wouldn't be surprised if Bachmann announced a new DMU - possibly the long-rumoured class 104 or an outside bet on a DMU theme would be the announcement that they are taking the 205 Thumper project in-house seeing as ordering has been closed on the Kernow website for ages now and no official announcement why -  with the addition of the centre car.

A real outside bet for me would be a class 309 EMU. Bachmann have said they won't be producing any 4-car EMUs because of the cost in the immediate short term but hasn't the 309/0 run in both 2 and 3 car formations?

A Mk1 RBR to go with the forthcoming Mk2f's would be nice but I fear I'm wishlisting now.

13 days to go.....

Steve

• RMweb Gold

Rumourtrol has it that it will be one each of a loco, a coach and a wagon - no idea of identities but I suspect that one of those 'one each' items is incorrect and there will be two in one of the categories (but I'm not saying which one).  So I'm now going for a Coal Tank and some sort of LMS group motor/auto coach, dunno about the wagon tho'.  Oh and reputedly for delivery by the end of this year!  (but that might be a misreading in the category in which there will be two of).

Announced in July and in the shops just in time for Xmas... Some word merchants would call that 'Marketing clever' but to me it's just plain common sense striking while the iron's hot.

I presume you mean Christmas 2015?

From the 2013 March announcements:

Midland 1F ........ (Sep/Oct 2014)

E4 ..................... (not committed to delivery dates yet)

Stanier Mogul ... (not committed to delivery dates yet)

64xx .................. (not committed to delivery dates yet)

It is Bachmann who introduced the ~18 month - 24 month announcement - delivery cycle as policy.

The modified Hall (announced in 2012, but with the retooling issues) does not yet have committed delivery dates either.

When did they announce the H2 Atlantic? (I can't remember.)

EDIT: August 2013 for the H2 announcement. I found this thread.  It does not have committed delivery dates yet either.

Oh and reputedly for delivery by the end of this year!  (but that might be a misreading in the category in which there will be two of).

Hard to imagine at current course and speed unless something else is deferred or they pull something like the 2-BIL where it's announced while on the boat or the double secret City.

Archived