'Ashcombe'

georgeT

Morning Buddy,  Yes l have to work, so not a lot done lately, but have nearly finished the station building on 'Ashmere' will post some pictures soon, anyway you and Dee have a nice christmas, and just think TLGP is getting nearer by the day........

Best wishes  George..

Hi Mate, TBH I thought the canopy looked a bit big to begin with but now its all in place its bob on. Are the roof tiles Pan Tiles as they look really nice and the Red is a nice change for you as you normally do slates in card and then Grey paint.

Which building will you do next or will you make the platform to help gauge the size of the next bit?

Andy :sungum:

Having had a good chat with 'Bodgit' the other day, l have decided not to do an exhibition layout and save myself all that grief and hard work, and planning, l know that 'Bodgit' has achieved all he set out to do on the exhibition front, and l think now that his home based layout  'TLGP'  will keep him really busy, and l don't think he will have the time for exhibiting now (l may be wrong)

At 'Ashmere' l needed a signal box, so l have built one, its not as big as others l have made in the past but its right for 'Ashmere'  l will put all the details inside the box as per usual and have a light of some sort, as l said l have so much scrap plasticard in a box l really want to use it all up, so anything l need l will try to build it and try to spend no money.

post-7716-0-50752000-1388064348_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-78280000-1388064351_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-83164300-1388064354_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-28173500-1388064359_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-34501500-1388064363_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-84250500-1388064366_thumb.jpg

Morning Bodgit,  Glad all the over eating and drinking is nearly over at last, can now get on with 'Ashmere' the box will not be on the platform, it will be a a little way from the station, to oversee the small goods yard l have planned, also l want 'Ashmere' to be a small terminus on the sea front somewhere in the south-west, so l can run the odd bulleid with two coaches on, as the other eight coaches would have been dropped up the line a bit, thats the plan at the moment, but it could change (you know me).  the box is nearly finished, still need to add some battens to the top half of the box, and paint it.

George

post-7716-0-45288200-1388129078_thumb.jpg

Morning mate, yes Bude and Illfacombe only had 2 coaches from the original 15 of the ACE.

A sea wall would be good and take you down another road of modelling you been to before, quaint little shops and fishermans cottages, wonderful stuff.

Bodge :sungum:

Morning Andy,  Yes l like the idea of a little sea wall or just a path with a sign saying 'To the sea' somewhere where the sun always shines, thats why l modelled the signal box with the windows open ? gets really hot in that little box hahaha.

George

• RMweb Gold

Decided to change the name to 'Ashcombe'  l think it sounds more suited for a Southern seaside terminus ?

George..

The RMwebber by that name - a charming lady of a certain age - will be delighted, I'm sure! There is an Ashcombe Cross in South Devon, and there must be others. There was a Lord Ashcombe, but he died earlier this month. Being childless he has been succeeded in the title by his cousin.

Hello Ian / Bodgit,  l have always wondered why my blood had a blue tinge to it, now l know why (hahaha) do need to thing of another word to go with 'Ashcombe'  l like what lan has said  'Ashcombe Cross' or 'Ashcombe Bay' has anyone got any names to help ?   George.

Thank you for the suggestions Lads really helpful, l will go with  'Ashcombe Bay'  as andy has said a nice little sea wall with some sand should set the scene?

Alastair, Its the fiddling about with 4mm, it seems so small after a couple of years in O gauge, but l'm getting used to it now.

George..

Ashcombe Bay reminds me of Swanage, Weston Super Mare, or Lime Regis sort of places, as you said earlier, where the sun is always shining.

I see pretty little T9 and M7 shuffling about the yard, moving the cattle wagons, collecting the coal wagons and finding where the incoming crew had hidden the Brake van to attach to the rear of the departing local.

I remember Martyn Welch doing a small O Gauge layout Hursley, which is featured in his book, The Art of Weathering, and was a pretty Hampshire terminus. Although set inland the scenics would be similar to do with the lane and phone box and a small shed.

I cant wait to see this develop into a real good layout.

....is where Sherry and I went to skool in the '60s.

Hi Ian, that was Bill (bbishop) not me mate, haven;t got a clue either, sounds a strange one that.

Also I saw you mentioned Strood in a reply the other day, I lived in Rochester and then Hoo, on the Isle of Grain, as a Kid and we would go and play on the military railway line at Strood if my memory serves me right.

All the Best,

Archived