Lincoln model railway exhibition 2015

Webbo

• 1 month later...

Latest news regarding the exhibition.

After lengthy discussions we have finally arranged a free bus from the railway station to the showground on the Saturday. It will leave at 1/2 past the hour starting at 10.30 and then every hour until 14.30, the last bus to leave the showground will be at 17.00.

Alan

• 3 weeks later...

I've just come home after an afternoon at the show. Well worth a visit if you're free tomorrow with some excellent layouts - Outwell basin just topped it for me - and a chance to see some of Graeme King's work in the flesh, or should that be resin!

Thanks to all involved for a very enjoyable show.

John.

I found the show well beyond my expectations with layout themes nicely in line with my parochial tastes. I was particularly pleased to see the West of Scotland "Ardgoin" running stock in LNER colours, likewise the short-notice replacement layout "Drinkallby" depicting the Louth-Mablethorpe line also in the LNER period. I get so fed up of seeing everything "Eastern" portrayed in 50/60s run-down condition with filth-plastered dowdy liveries adorned by the ubiquitous lion and wheel. Even the oddities at the show are good: Don't be fooled into thinking that the examples of O gauge locos built in card will be crude/basic/distorted  - they are not, being better than a fair few metal models I've seen over the years!

If the organisers can produce something of similar quality every year they deserve to reap rewards for the bold decision to move to a more spacious and prestigious venue. I don't know how that sentiment squares with my strong feeling that we already have too many shows competing for paying visitors, layouts and traders!?!?

A very pleasant day out,  good layouts, a nice range of traders, food and drink a touch pricey perhaps but on a par with other similar venues, 3 rashers of bacon in your cob so reasonable value there. Plenty of parking space, if you're thinking of going tomorrow it's worthwhile, but save some pennies for Nottingham later in the month :sungum:

I think I got some bargain books, 5 books for £9 including 'Power of the V2s, ECJS by Ken Hoole and Colin Walker's 'Trails through Grantham'

A very pleasant day out,  good layouts, a nice range of traders, food and drink a touch pricey perhaps but on a par with other similar venues, 3 rashers of bacon in your cob so reasonable value there. Plenty of parking space, if you're thinking of going tomorrow it's worthwhile, but save some pennies for Nottingham later in the month :sungum:

I think I got some bargain books, 5 books for £9 including 'Power of the V2s, ECJS by Ken Hoole and Colin Walker's 'Trails through Grantham'

I would have thought the Colin Walker book "Trails through Grantham" would have been £9 on its own.Quite rare those 6 issues of a series that never got completed.

Good Luck to show ,just wish I could have made it this weekend.

Enjoyed this very much, many excellent layouts most of which were new to me. The O gauge card locos are astonishingly good - I certainly would never have guessed that that's what why're made from. Decent selection of trade as well - got everything I was after and also stocked up on a few other odds and sods. The only downside came courtesy of me forgetting to take my camera :rolleyes:

The show seemed well attended, but not unpleasantly busy (I don't recall a single instance of assault by rucksack!) so I hope it's back next year. It's a big step up from what it was and deserves every success - many thanks to everyone who helped to make it happen :good:

• RMweb Premium

Well done to those involved in putting on the show. I had a very enjoyable couple of hours there earlier today, thank you. A nice balance was achieved between layouts and trade, for me at least. It was also great to have enough room to stand back and enjoy the modelling without getting trampled, crushed or run over! Here's hoping for more of the same in future years. Thanks again.

Best wishes,

Paul

Edited to include missing word!

I'd echo the previous comments, the show fully lived up to expectations for me. There was a good range of interesting layouts and a varied selection of trade, overall it was good starting point for a show in its infancy and one which has great promise. The venue is maybe a tad dark, which was ideal for the layouts with working lights, and the catering has room for improvement but everything else worked well with it.

Outwell stood out for me, superbly observed minimalism. The O gauge cardboard engineering was also fascinating, just shows what can be achieved.

The step up from village hall to a potential regional show was a brave move and one I hope was rewarded with a viable event. It has to be said that it was fairly quiet today although the traders I spoke to were fairly happy with their weekend. I see next year is already on the calendar so hopefully they can build on the experience of this one and turn out an even better event next time.

I think this show as the potential to be a very good show, a few rough edges sorting but for the first one well done to the organising team. The Outwell Village crew would like to thank them for a good weekend. Also a big thank you for all the punters that commented with kind words about the layout.

I also thought the hall was poorly lit particularly along the southside. That said this was a very well organised show with plenty of layouts that I hadn't seen before  and a good selection of trade.

I shall certain be looking to attend future shows, well done!

Many thanks for all the positive postings, it has certainly made it a worthwhile venture for me as this was my first attempt as an exhibition manager. There has been a few constructive comments that will be looked into and hopefully sorted for the next exhibition which is the 27th & 28th February 2016.

Although the cafe is out of my control (Lincolnshire showground contracted outside caterers) I will certainly be informing them about the many adverse comments I have received.

Alan

Archived