Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

Glorious Shop Puns

There's a firm of car repairers in Wolverhampton rejoicing in the name of Botchett & Starbuck. Still trading!

Also, although not on topic, when there was a water shortage (especially in Yorkshire) a few years back, I saw a filthy white Transit van with the graffiti "cleaned by Stevie Wonder, using Yorkshire Water."

There's a firm of car repairers in Wolverhampton rejoicing in the name of Botchett & Starbuck. Still trading!

Also, although not on topic, when there was a water shortage (especially in Yorkshire) a few years back, I saw a filthy white Transit van with the graffiti "cleaned by Stevie Wonder, using Yorkshire Water."

I can remember seeing "Cleaned by Stevie Wonder" on a van - I wonder if a second person added the "Yorkshire water" bit...

• RMweb Premium

Ive been told thats an urban tale by a few people - not true, I saw the Patel Bros van around Oxford a few times in about 1990. Hilarious :D

I can remember hearing "You ve tried the Cow Boys, now try the Indians" as an advert slogan on Beacon Radio in the mid 1980s

The original film "Good-bye, Mr. Chips" was filmed in part in Repton, South Derbyshire. 

The local chippy is "Good Buy Mr. Chips"

Also Hairdressers.... "Hairs and Graces" and "Forge Ahead"  the latter on the site of the village Smithy. (Both now gone.) 

I can remember hearing "You ve tried the Cow Boys, now try the Indians" as an advert slogan on Beacon Radio in the mid 1980s

Down in Reading we have "John Klies Audio" (pronounced Cleese) who "don't sell anything Fawlty!"

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

We have near me,

Andy Man the Handy man, (on a van)

and our coalman was" Coleman the Coalman" who unfortunately have now been taken over by a national chain

The Q

Archived