Swad Lane.

Andrew P

• RMweb Gold

Andy,

It looks like a nice layout and the detail in the works is excellent.  I am sure you will soon put your stamp on it.

Don't forget the link.

• Like 1

Looks very good Andy

I like the extendable idea behind it

Cheers Mickey, I prefer the long version.

Very nice Andy - Looks very well detailed, but more to add to put your own mark on it - Look forward to your updates on this.

Cheers, Bob.

Cheers Bob, most of the bits I need to do are under the baseboard.

Andy,

It looks like a nice layout and the detail in the works is excellent.  I am sure you will soon put your stamp on it.

Don't forget the link.

Hi Chris, thanks and I'm trying to add it to my signature.

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

How did the person who built your garage know to make it long enough for the new layout?

All the best with the new layout. Is it finished yet?

How did the person who built your garage know to make it long enough for the new layout?

All the best with the new layout. Is it finished yet?

Thanks Ray, we haven't moved yet, If we don't then its the short version at home, if we do the garage is about 16ft long.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Hi Andy and Swad Laners.

The fun starts here.

10000 posts, here we come.

:locomotive:  :locomotive: :locomotive: :locomotive: :locomotive:

Pollyvision

Good looking layout Andy,have to say though it looks better in the flesh than pics,

Will be a cracking layout when you have finished putting your nark on it and look forward to seeing it completed(knowing the speed you work at ,a week or two ha ha,)

Cheers for the brew earlier

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

It looks good to start with are you rewiring for DCC?  I have laid the track for my shunty plank and I will be looking for brains to pick for DCC wiring of Peco electrofrog points...... On another topic banana boxes are the way forward for moving house, enough weight so you have done something useful but without breaking your back.

Hi Andy,

Ooh! That looks lovely mate! Oozes atmosphere, I really like the detailing touches!

You've even got GRASS and, TREES! You're practically there already!

Hope you have lots of fun with it.

Cheers,

John E.

PS Mick B - just bond each stock rail to it's diverging partner and cut the links to the Vee, and feed that via your switching mechanism, no worries, job done!

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Hi Andy and Swad Laners.

The fun starts here.

10,000 posts in one day? That's surely a few too many even for one of Andy's excellent layouts.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Dear Mr Peters

I am pleased to have received a report from Lieutenant Poshname hyphen La de Da who sent Corporal whatever his name was on a recce mission to your latest venture. It seems that the Sergeant Major will at long last be able to send my soldiers on leave after all. Corporal whatever his name was did raise concerns that should it be raining he did not think there was enough accommodation for 200 recruits to fit in the shelter.

I will of a matter of course send Sergeant Shoutalot to the station to supervise the loading of the train.

Yours

Lt Colonel La de Da hyphen Poshname

Rough Engineering Made Easy

• Like 1

Hi Andy and Swad Laners.

The fun starts here.

:locomotive:  :locomotive: :locomotive: :locomotive: :locomotive:

Pollyvision

Evening Polly, Just got back from sorting out George's little problem so having a catch up.

Why only 10,000 post? what have I done to offend you, hahhaha

Ducking for cover, (that was close, I just re read this line and I'd inserted an i instead of a u in Ducking) you can guess what that looked like.

I'm off before I get into EVEN more trouble. hahha

Good looking layout Andy,have to say though it looks better in the flesh than pics,

Will be a cracking layout when you have finished putting your nark on it and look forward to seeing it completed(knowing the speed you work at ,a week or two ha ha,)

Cheers for the brew earlier

Evening Lee, thanks for popping over, its always good to get a first hand opinion from a fellow modeller.

Catch up at the weekend, drive carefully.

It looks good to start with are you rewiring for DCC?  I have laid the track for my shunty plank and I will be looking for brains to pick for DCC wiring of Peco electrofrog points...... On another topic banana boxes are the way forward for moving house, enough weight so you have done something useful but without breaking your back.

Hi Mick, unfortunately the layout is insulfrog, but that's no major issue with Diesels as they have better pickups, it will be DCC, and I foresee no problems.

Wiring for Electrofrog is easy, just put isolators on the V's and any crossing and pop in extra feeds.

Good luck.

Hi Andy,

Ooh! That looks lovely mate! Oozes atmosphere, I really like the detailing touches!

You've even got GRASS and, TREES! You're practically there already!

Hope you have lots of fun with it.

Cheers,

John E.

PS Mick B - just bond each stock rail to it's diverging partner and cut the links to the Vee, and feed that via your switching mechanism, no worries, job done!

Hi John, loads of greenery and that's what appealed to me. just some tinkering to do, that's all.

Thanks for relying to Mick's question as well.

Cheers mate.

Hi Andy

Looks like a great base for you to start with ,now what are you going to do to layout to put your mark on it?

Hugh

Hi Hugh, thanks for looking in, as for putting my mark on it, well there is the wiring to sort out, I will post some under board pics tomorrow, but its frightening.

Multiple track feeds from when it was DC, Street Lamps, Buffer Lights, Yard Lamps, Building Lights, Signal Lights, Van Head Lamps, and more by the looks of it, Oh and also a feed for a flashing light on the JCB! but no JCB to conect it to!!!!!

The there will be the Kadee's I hope to get these under the board but its pretty thick.

Then its things like interboard connections and board clamps, legs, lighting etc.

So enough to keep me going.

Cheers again mate.

• Like 3