Furness Model Railway Show - October 11th/12th - 2014

kevpeo

The F.M.R.C's next show will be -

The 52nd Model Railway & Transport Exhibition

Saturday & Sunday, the 11th & 12th October 2014.    
Barrow Sixth Form College, Rating Lane, Barrow-in-Furness, LA13 9LE.       
10.00 am until 5.00pm, both days.
Adults - £4.50, Senior Citizens - £3.40, Children - £2.20.
Free Parking & Free shuttle bus from the town centre and railway station.

Layouts -

SHASTA                     Z                  10' x 2'6"              US                             FROM  ASKAM

GOLDMIRE QUARRY     G            24' x 10'               UK                             FROM  BARROW

NORTH HOLDERNESS LIGHT RAILWAY      EM     24' x 2'3’’    UK       FROM BARROW     

CALIFORNIA LEVELS    6MM/FT  ON 9MTRACK       12'            UK       FROM PENRITH

TANNERS HILL       N       STEVE FARMER      6’        UK     FROM   NEWCASTLE, STAFFS

TROUTBECK BRIDGE       OO     UK

HUNTERSTON                      OO     UK

GRATHWAITE            OO      20'     UK     

FURKA OBERALP          HOm    7'x 6'   SWISS                          FMRC

LOCH DOUR
OO 18' X 5' UK FMRC

THE ISLE OF SODOR       OO       'THOMAS'            UK              FMRC

Trade -

D&E VIDEO/DC KITS   -   BOOKS VIDEOS DCC AND SOUND

ABC                               -   NEW AND S/HAND BRITISH, US AND CONTINENTAL                                    
                                           TRAINS IN ALL SCALES

ALL COMPONENTS    -  TOOLS, WIRE, ELECTRICAL, SIGNALS, SCENERY                                 
                                           ETC

SHUNTERS YARD       -   GOOD SELECTION OF BUILDING KITS AND 
                                           OTHER MORE UNUSUAL STUFF

CRAFTY HOBBIES      -   OUR OWN LOCAL MODEL SHOP FROM HERE IN                                         
                                           BARROW

POOLEYS PUFFERS   -  NEW LOCOS ROLLING STOCK KITS AND
                                          ACCESORIES

Other displays -

FURNESS MODEL BOAT CLUB

TRAIN SIM

NMRA

FLAG

CRA

FURNESS RADIO CAR CLUB

MODEL AIRCRAFT DISPLAY

Contact - The Exhibition Manager - 01229 583595

Kev.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

i'll be there all weekend (if i must)helping out on Troutbeck bridge,the rest of the guys are bringing ropes and shackles so they can drag me screaming to the Prince on Saturday night,i don't want to go,NO,NO!!!!!!!!!!!

The Sunday lunch is a must!!!!!!!!!

see you there

Ray

P.S Hope John got all the toilets stops sorted!!!!!!!!!

• RMweb Premium

Having moved north, I made a point of going to the Barrow show. Very enjoyable and a nice mix of layouts.

Just one thing I did not like, the radio controlled racing cars in the same hall as three layouts. I found the noise of the cars really irritating and as a result I did not spend as long as I would have liked in that hall. I've no problem with rafio controlled cars, model boats, model planes appearing at a model railway show, but please put the noisy cars in a seperate room.

Thanks to Ian and the gang from the Troutbeck gang for another great weekend :declare:

Got to agree with Colink about the r/c cars,they where a bit noisy,they even drown our 9F out,there didn't seem to be much control (saturday) as they were flying under the layouts (got the bruises to prove it),back to the drawing board me thinks!!!!!!

Ray

Just wanted to say thanks to all at FMRC for an excellent weekend in Barrow. We all had a great time and were made very welcome. Great night out in Foxfield, good food and banter. Thank you for the invite and hopefully see you all again next year.

Mark

Thanks for inviting us down from Scotland with our trainset . We had a great weekend again and look forward to hopefully getting down next year .

Hopefully i didn't make too much of an arse of myself on the bus on the way home from the pub . The trip up to Foxfield certainly adds to an already good weekend away .

Cheers

Mike b ( hunterston )

Archived