Diesel Hydraulic Era O Gauge Garden Railway (Steve Beattie Class 22)

just a side note, dont post your email into threads only PM, spammers could find and use it

Noted but not my E mail this is Fred Phipps who is a trader and is readily available on the internet not sure if that makes any difference but will PM any E mail addresses in future .

Cheers

Hi Phil

I attach some photos of my build which I really need to finish .I obtained some parts from JLTRT when they strted to produce their model .Notably new buffers ,fuel tank and bogie side frames and pipe work .

attachicon.gifDSC_0001.JPG

attachicon.gifDSC_0002.JPG

attachicon.gifDSC_0003.JPG

attachicon.gifDSC_0004.JPG

attachicon.gifDSC_0005.JPG

In addition I had some new indicator panels etched which I had to do quite a bit of fettling as there was a mix up with the size .

attachicon.gifDSC_0007.JPG

attachicon.gifDSC_0006.JPG

attachicon.gifDSC_0009.JPG

Regards

Andrew

Very promising build Andrew, would be a great shame not finish it  ;)

I have re-sited the grills as you have & intend to add hinges etc as you also have :)  Those brass headcode panels look the business too!  do you have any spares to sell ?........the castings in that area are cr@p on mine & it would be a good solution :)

Edited by Phill Dyson (onslaught832)

I have the books from the 22 project society, great books with plenty of pics & information on withdrawals etc

Best regards

Craig

I saw Project 22 at the GWR Diesel Gala & I am now the proud owner of both books & have my membership form too  :)

• Like 1

Hi Phil

I have sent a  PM  re the head code boxes . I intend to model 6354 Blue , yellow ends as there are some good photos . Re the valances having read  the article in Traction  by Richard Dockerill (incidental 6343) I just couldn't shape and solder the brass panels that came with the kit so opted for evergreen strips paired down with a brass former. I have modelled some as slightly open but none missing . I had intend to buy a JLTRT class 22 but missed the boat . I will more than likely purchase the LLC one once funds are available.

I do have a whitemetal and resin one by Mendip Models ? based on El Crappo kits that proved to much of  a challenge and remains in the box . A bit crude now by todays standards but can be made into reasonable rep with some time and effort as demonstrated by Mr Daniels on his photo site .

Cheers.

Hi Phil

I have sent a  PM  re the head code boxes . I intend to model 6354 Blue , yellow ends as there are some good photos . Re the valances having read  the article in Traction  by Richard Dockerill (incidental 6343) I just couldn't shape and solder the brass panels that came with the kit so opted for evergreen strips paired down with a brass former. I have modelled some as slightly open but none missing . I had intend to buy a JLTRT class 22 but missed the boat . I will more than likely purchase the LLC one once funds are available.

I do have a whitemetal and resin one by Mendip Models ? based on El Crappo kits that proved to much of  a challenge and remains in the box . A bit crude now by todays standards but can be made into reasonable rep with some time and effort as demonstrated by Mr Daniels on his photo site .

Cheers.

Thanks Andrew, I have replied to your PM. I have Richards Traction article too, but I don't think mine will be up to that standard  :scratchhead: ......but I will do my best :)

The LLC 22 is tempting, I did inquire on their FB page for under Valance info, but no reply yet  :scratchhead: I'm also tempted by the Heljan Hoover though now that LLC have gone back on the Crowdfunded 50 offer (I was a crowdfunder)  :(

• 3 months later...

What started life as a very nice much modified Heljan body shell by Shaun Davidson using JLTRT & Steve Beattie parts is now developing into a rather nice class 25/1. Having spent the last couple of months scratch building a chassis & bogies out of aluminium & brass, I have also added Heljan spares for the outer bogie frames & fuel tanks etc. Next job once I'm completely happy with the cosmetic appearance of the loco will be to add radio control gear & possibly a DCC soundchip ..........

post-6992-0-69465800-1543439633_thumb.jpg

• Like 14
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2

What started life as a very nice much modified Heljan body shell by Shaun Davidson using JLTRT & Steve Beattie parts is now developing into a rather nice class 25/1. Having spent the last couple of months scratch building a chassis & bogies out of aluminium & brass, I have also added Heljan spares for the outer bogie frames & fuel tanks etc. Next job once I'm completely happy with the cosmetic appearance of the loco will be to add radio control gear & possibly a DCC soundchip ..........

attachicon.gif20181128_192731.jpg

Looks cracking Phill, nice to see you on here...

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 04/06/2019 at 11:57, HealeyMills said:

Hi Phil,

Nice to finally meet you at the weekend for a few trips along with 832.

I shall make a point of looking in here to see how your progress goes with the 25/1.

Cheers

Lee

Hi Lee,

It was great to see you too, I'm afraid I have only just seen your post as I stopped posting my progress on RMWEb as I got the impression I was pretty much I was talking to myself more or less ;);)

Cheers Phill :)

• Friendly/supportive 6

Hi Phil, I am not on here as much these days. but good to see you are still doing a bit. Feel free to post up any garden railway shots it's always nice to see a few pics of your railway.

Cheers Peter.

• Agree 1

On 07/07/2019 at 21:24, Phill Dyson (onslaught832) said:

I got the impression I was pretty much I was talking to myself more or less ;);)

Cheers Phill :)

I get that same feeling, but then I don't post much myself elsewhere. We've just had our layout thread moved into the 7mm section partially in the hope it might get a little more attention rather than getting lost in the 'Layouts' section.

I'm planning on getting out in the garden so will have to read back through this thread when I get chance.

Al.

I used to post quite a lot of responses, but was the recipient of a vitriolic attack that branded my posts as useless and me as trying to use RMWeb as free magazine...so I post very little now.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Phil, I remember you stating on your original thread in the old RMweb site that you preferred a certain brand of wagon wheel for outdoors as it had a deeper flange than most finescale wheels. Can you remind me which type that is please .

cheers

Bob

On 11/07/2019 at 10:08, CME and Bottlewasher said:

I'm struggling with the new format and posting photos. Plus truth and facts don't seem to have a place in modern Britain.

It does take a bit of getting used to. Any updated photos of that Class 22

Paul R

• Like 1