Bachmann/Lima Tartan Arrow van

Thom

I know that years ago Lima made a Tartan Arrow van. Can anyone say  if it was accurate at all? It seemed underscale to me. Now Bachmann has done it using an LMS parcels van. Is it accurate? Were there differant vans used for these and were they mixed in with passenger trains or run only on goods trains?

Triang Hornby also did a Tartan Arrow container but it was only available in the Freightliner set. It was their standard 30ft box with printed stickers attached to the side so I don't think it was particularly accurate.

Regarding the OP's question regarding the Lima CCT, the body is fairly accurate, the chassis less so as the axle guards were stretched to suit Lima's standard undersize wheels.

• RMweb Premium

There was a recent thread discussing the "Arrow" where I waffled on about the containers, I can't find it on the serach engine :no2: :dontknow:

Wasn't this one was it Clive? (and scroll up for the photos of 2 LMS BGs):

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/92962-midland-main-line-20th-march-1967/&do=findComment&comment=1675007

(Incidentally, if I need to search RMWeb, I usually just use Google (others are available) - put 'RMWeb' and whatever else I'm looking for in the search bar.

I've never really managed to get on very well with the onsite search engine.)

• RMweb Premium

Wasn't this one was it Clive? (and scroll up for the photos of 2 LMS BGs):

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/92962-midland-main-line-20th-march-1967/&do=findComment&comment=1675007

(Incidentally, if I need to search RMWeb, I usually just use Google (others are available) - put 'RMWeb' and whatever else I'm looking for in the search bar.

I've never really managed to get on very well with the onsite search engine.)

That's the one.

Archived