Network rail"s "Track machines" Tampers ect...

Hi,

Some good reference Photographs there.

By the way, those aren't Network Rail Tampers, the top one is owned by Carillion and the bottom owned by Javis (although probably someone else who hasn't rebranded it yet). The Network Rail Owned Tampers can be identified by Network Rail Logos.

Here's one of Network Rail's Harsco Rail Grinders at Eastleigh:

post-7271-0-19036400-1420800111_thumb.jpg

Plus, Colas Rail Tampers at Swindon:

post-7271-0-33264100-1420800137_thumb.jpg

post-7271-0-63880700-1420800146_thumb.jpg

Simon

• Like 4

Here are few Tamper machines ive come across...

There are that many different types across the rail network ...

I would really appreciate it if you wouldn't use my images without any kind of permission or credit.

I do ask folk for the former (see the front page of my site) - I would have given permission for you to use them here to illustrate a thread (i've done that many times before), i'd probably even have ignored it if you'd been bothered to credit the images to myself or the site, but in this case you even imply that they are your photo's and i'm not prepared to accept that. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Just so it doesn't spoil a positive thread for others - here's the two images - 73105 is arriving to stable (with that Colas machine in the background) at Westbury, 30th Oct 2006.

ZWA_73105_Westbury_301006%20%281%29-L.jp

And the Jarvis image dates from way, way back on the 14th Oct 2003, (so it was really a Jarvis machine back then!) - Stabled at Barnetby in a very handy place for a shot from the footbridge.

ZWA_73269_DR_Barnetby_141003-L.jpg

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

A couple more to add;

Volker Rail DR77801 through Doncaster on 6th June 2014.

Colas operated DR73906 named 'Panther' at Crewe on 10th September 2014.

• Like 8

They are Donelli PD350 single line relayers. They work on rails laid to the outside of the four foot - here's a video of them (or a similar type of gantry) in action:

That's an interesting wagon that they're on, in BR days they were usually transported on Lowmacs.

• Like 2

The wagon's a retired 'Comtic', built by SNAV of Lyon during the 1980s for Railease (the Standard Wagon/Barclay's Bank joint-venture). Some later went to MAT, then STVA, others to Tolemans, I believe. In the early days of the Channel Tunnel, they ran to Italy with Land-Rovers etc, as well as a short-term flow of tractors.

One of the French infrastrucure companies has a specially built, very low, loco to work with the Donelli machines.

The wagon's a retired 'Comtic', built by SNAV of Lyon during the 1980s for Railease (the Standard Wagon/Barclay's Bank joint-venture). Some later went to MAT, then STVA, others to Tolemans, I believe. In the early days of the Channel Tunnel, they ran to Italy with Land-Rovers etc, as well as a short-term flow of tractors.

One of the French infrastrucure companies has a specially built, very low, loco to work with the Donelli machines.

This is my collection of Comtics which includes a set of detail photos of RLS92338/9 with the structure for supporting the Donelli track layer. http://paulbartlett.zenfolio.com/comtic

As mentioned there were quite a lot of these which were carried on pairs of Lowmacs, such as http://PaulBartlett.zenfolio.com/brlowmac243-253/e26f6a27

Paul

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

USP5000 DR77317 and Plasser 07-16 DR73269 at Hellifield 19/12/2006

post-408-0-36240100-1430506178_thumb.jpg.

High definition camera platform (used for inspecting switches & crossings) DR98008 at RVEL Derby in May 2013 (I must get round to converting my sketches into detailed drawings to convert a Bachy MPV.......)

post-408-0-10453600-1430506337_thumb.jpg

Cheers,

Mick

• Like 4

Maybe this counts, maybe not - seems to be a trolley or two fitted with low plastic seats???, attached to a road-rail ATV/golf cart-type vehicle, plus another trolley the other end.

Any other theories on the "seats"?

From the Hatfield Colliery landslip reconstruction in 2013:

post-6971-0-64029100-1430644074.jpg

post-6971-0-83476100-1430644263.jpg

• Like 2

Maybe this counts, maybe not - seems to be a trolley or two fitted with low plastic seats???, attached to a road-rail ATV/golf cart-type vehicle, plus another trolley the other end.

Any other theories on the "seats"?

From the Hatfield Colliery landslip reconstruction in 2013:

attachicon.gifIMGP6451.jpg

attachicon.gifcrop.jpg

They are used to transport staff to work site that are miles away from access points. 

• RMweb Gold

Volker Rail's tamper DR75301 out for a longish journey on 11th May 2015 passes through Deighton with 6J36, 10:00 Middlesborough Sidings to Leeds Holbeck Loco Sidings, via Huddersfield for reversal.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

No idea what this is used for, but I think it would make a cracking model !!

Cheers,

Phil.

Donelli PD 350's.

Single line relaying gantries. Need a pair to lift sections of track. Operate on separate rails outside of the sleepers 10ft gauge.

Kev S