?350k train set - Rudyard Lake Steam Railway for sale

Andy Y

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-stoke-staffordshire-30830799

Rudyard.jpg

"A miniature steam railway in Staffordshire, including a mile-and-a-half of track, six steam engines, four diesels, 13 carriages, a footbridge, two signal boxes and three stations, has gone up for sale."

For the value of the locos and stock that seems quite a bargain to me. 

Needs a group of people to buy it - after all one man can't drive/guard/signal/maintain etc. all those trains on his own. Ten people put in £35K each.  Now, I wonder where I could find such a group of like minded people...

• RMweb Gold

Needs a group of people to buy it - after all one man can't drive/guard/signal/maintain etc. all those trains on his own. Ten people put in £35K each.  Now, I wonder where I could find such a group of like minded people...

I'll have a look under the mattress ;)  (Trouble is it's not very handy for home)

And, (trivia mode on) Rudyard Kipling was named after the lake; because it was where his parents met.

Indeed- it's where they kipled...(from a very old postcard/music-hall joke). It's built on part of the route of the NSR's Leek- Macclesfield line, which was the continuation of the Churnet Valley line.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived