Tonbridge West Yard

Lyddrail

I am so sorry Paul, that you are now having to live in a mobile home. I guess you had to move out to fit the layouts in? But decoration can be an absolute game-changer.

By the way, were your days in BR at the time of Alex Green as AM Tonbridge?

Mike, my memory has never been great, but Alex doesn't ring a bell. 

I have not yet slept in the mobile home, when the house was done up I slept in the Studio which worked very well.

Cheers.

Edited by Lyddrail
  • Like 1

Why not next year get all the buses we can and call it

Lyddrail replacement bus service weekend and bring bus models. And run no trains at all. Hang on just thought we don’t run many trains as it is on the layouts at Lyddrail.

See those who are going next weekend.

Thanks Steve.

Thanks John. Richard's planned bus is in the garage awaing parts! He has his M&D single decker on standby. We could get quite a few busses together, don't forget Tom Curtis had a very fine London double decker.

I like your idea Steve (Bus Lydd non Rail), wouldn't need the layouts, I am in!!

Cheers.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Lydd Rail went very well, with things just about back to normal I have positioned projects in the studio for my future progress. 

Firstly TWY will need maintenance before the Fareham show in October. With the layout retiring in January I have produced a revised logo. After checking my maths, the layout will be older than I thought, making 30 years in 2019.

post-1373-0-29092400-1534154883_thumb.jpg

post-1373-0-56474700-1534154902_thumb.jpg

I have to get the late Barrie Swann's layout Stratton ready for the Faversham show in September, which is replacing my Redhill Up Yard as it will not be ready in time.

post-1373-0-46338800-1534155012_thumb.jpg

Redhill will have new boards from Tim Horn (see parts of them in the crate) and will be finished for the Ivanhoe show in April 2019.

post-1373-0-61996700-1534155131_thumb.jpg

Lastly my old layout Potters Corner built for a demonstration of Electrification for my former employers BR (NSE), will be stripped down to allow the boards to be used for my next new layout Ashford Crane Repair depot. This will likely be started in 2019 if all goes to plan.

post-1373-0-53202900-1534155324_thumb.jpg

Cheers.

Edited by Lyddrail
  • Like 8

• 2 weeks later...

I have added transfers to the Jaffa section of the mobile home. number & "Private".

post-1373-0-97946400-1535017288_thumb.jpg

After a suggestion from Steve Farmer at Lydd Rail I have jazzed up the green liveried end, with a unit number, headcode and painted luggage end orange "V".

post-1373-0-72613300-1535017406_thumb.jpg

post-1373-0-40433800-1535017416_thumb.jpg

That completes the exterior of the mobile home. Next will be completing the interior works when time allows, consisting of fit work top in kitchen area, tiing in same area, and install the chemical toilet in the toilet.

Cheers.

Edited by Lyddrail
  • Like 3

Excellent Paul

Looks the part now.

What your doing to the mobile home is becoming more interesting than your old layout.

Can’t wait for the interior works. How about making it look like a mk1 sleeping car inside.

Steve.

Edited by sf315

Excellent Paul

Looks the part now.

What your doing to the mobile home is becoming more interesting than your old layout.

Can’t wait for the interior works. How about making it look like a mk1 sleeping car inside.

Steve.

Steve,

I agree the mobile home is more interesting currently.

Good idea about making the interior like a sleeping car, I think I could go from 3 to 6 in the main room, and from 1 to 3 in your room!

Cheers.

• 1 month later...

Layout is being prepared for the Fareham Show on 6th & 7th October. I am working on some new road vehicles, an RSE lorry and scale scratched forklift for the C&W depot and a JCB for the building site.

This show is the last but one before the retirement at Canterbury in January.

See show details.

Poster A4 2018-02.pdf

Will post progress with vehicles in a few days.

Cheers.

Edited by Lyddrail

looking fwd to having a TWY weekend away alway good fun   

Layout is being prepared for the Fareham Show on 6th & 7th October. I am working on some new road vehicles, an RSE lorry and scale scratched forklift for the C&W depot and a JCB for the building site.

This show is the last but one before the retirement at Canterbury in January.

See show details.

attachicon.gifPoster A4 2018-02.pdf

Will post progress with vehicles in a few days.

Cheers.

• Like 1

Making good progress with the road vehicles for the weekends show.

Lorry has started painting as has JCB. Pics of lorry.

post-1373-0-71676700-1538392543_thumb.jpg

post-1373-0-72400300-1538392554_thumb.jpg

Very pleased with the RTI cab. Below forklifts, used Wiking tractors for wheels and chassis. The forklift changed in my model period, same make slightly different but was yellow instead of the red original. Had to make some guesses due to only having a few distant pics and no measurements.

post-1373-0-09610500-1538392684_thumb.jpg

post-1373-0-21928700-1538392694_thumb.jpg

post-1373-0-22111600-1538392704_thumb.jpg

Painting is next.

Cheers.

Paul.

Edited by Lyddrail
  • Like 5

Looking good Paul.

The lorry especially.

What was the start point of the lorry is it a kit or something like a EFE or base toys model that you’ve adapted.

Just realized the stackers are scratchbuilt too excellent jobs.

Thanks Steve

Edited by sf315

Looking good Paul.

The lorry especially.

What was the start point of the lorry is it a kit or something like a EFE or base toys model that you’ve adapted.

Just realized the stackers are scratchbuilt too excellent jobs.

Thanks Steve

Steve,

Lorry is Base Toys chassis & body (with additions), cab is RTI cast resin comes with interior, steering wheel, glazing and grille transfers (I made door mirrors).

Forklifts went well but likely a little too large, plus got some bits in the wrong places but carried on due to timescale.

Cheers.