Fictitious loco names you've seen or done yourself?

• RMweb Gold

Hi , for a laugh? I named a 153 "Stourbridge car" in Centro livery, It sat in Reg Rail central control but when Centro bosses were due to visit I was told to hide it - in case they wanted one !

I have a lovely list of 220 and 221 names where the nastiness was revealed, the 220 had various failure related names and as 221s were "super" voyagers these were named after really naughty people -221111 Margaret Thatcher, 22109 Herman Goering (that took a bit of thought) ,   221137 C. Montogomery Burns- you get the idea

220001 was Awful Voyager , 220012 Incapacitated Voyager   220033 Wedged Voyager.

not sure of the author but thanks to them/ him /her we have many a laugh at work..

I have a number of 4mm joke plates such as "Hunt the Shunt"  which were from the A1 models stand in the 1980s !

Robert

Some years ago on a railtour, a group of us we speculating on extra Class 50 names and we came up with Ominous and Dubious amongst others. Ominous was to be painted black...

steve

Dubious goes with Spurious and Outrageous

I believe the 3 Royal Navy ships that 50032-4 were named after had the same nichnames, because some of the RN questioned their being built

The WR originally intended to build 130+ Westerns. What might the remaining ones have been called?

• RMweb Gold

I'm doing a Patriot Sir Herbert Walker. Thats not fictitious! I Hear you shout.

I am doing it as an unrebuilt one in late BR, long after the real Sir Herbert had been rebuilt.

I want that name, but can only justify an original condition Patriot on my layout, so I have rewritten history so that SHW was one that didn't get rebuilt.

• 5 months later...

I once built an Eric Underhill 7mm scale Andrew Barclay 'Caledonia' class 0-4-0F.

it is painted in Caledonian Railway blue, with Indian red frames and once rejoiced in the name "Nosmo King"

I hope I don't need to explain it..................

Brian R

Archived