JLTRT CCT PARCELS QUERY ?

deltic17

I have the above van in my parcels rake but every time I look at it....it just seems to be a bit on the low side - ie when compared to other stock locos and other coaches it looks like it should be higher by about 4mm-5mm. Maybe I am being a bit trivial but it keeps narking me especially when placed alongside other parcels vans. Has anyone else noticed this? I would be interested in others views especially when JLTRT describe it as 'the only faithful representation of a CCT in O guage'. I have researched photos on the internet and there definitely looks to be an issue in my eyes. Anyway thanks in advance for your thoughts/replies.....

• RMweb Gold

I have the above van in my parcels rake but every time I look at it....it just seems to be a bit on the low side - ie when compared to other stock locos and other coaches it looks like it should be higher by about 4mm-5mm. Maybe I am being a bit trivial but it keeps narking me especially when placed alongside other parcels vans. Has anyone else noticed this? I would be interested in others views especially when JLTRT describe it as 'the only faithful representation of a CCT in O guage'. I have researched photos on the internet and there definitely looks to be an issue in my eyes. Anyway thanks in advance for your thoughts/replies.....

I have just built one of these and have not found the same problem.  I only have a Heljan GUV to compare it to, but it seems spot on beside that.  Here are a few snaps which make the point.  Apologies for the layout under construction...

post-3981-0-19086500-1434789925_thumb.jpg

I have just built one of these and have not found the same problem.  I only have a Heljan GUV to compare it to, but it seems spot on beside that.  Here are a few snaps which make the point.  Apologies for the layout under construction...

attachicon.gifIMG_7739.JPG

What a lovely collection of Blue Diesels! Can you post more piccies?

Firstly - thanks for all the replies - I should have included a photo originally but 'uk_pm' has produced some superb photos since to compare. My model does have the correct wheel size. The GUV bodyside should be the same height as the CCT as confirmed when looking at photos on the internet/books of the real thing. The JLTRT CCT unfortunately does seem to be a bit low in my eyes - the Heljan GUV in terms of height does look good when compared to everything else BG's, locos etc. I suppose I am just going to have to live with it or maybe reorder the rake so it is not so obvious. I got into O guage to hopefully get things as accurate as possible but I suppose we can't all get it spot on all of the time or maybe I am just being a bit too fussy!

Archived