Meridian Models (009)

cornelius

• RMweb Premium

The following update is published in the July issue of the 009 News.

---

After much deliberation and careful consideration, Meridian Models has decided to cease trading. It has now been 42 years since the late Dave Brewer began it all, and after having being involved for around 25 years it's time for me to retire completely and hand it all over to a younger and much more able generation. I now plan to get on with finishing Willesden Junction, my WDLR layout.

I wanted to ensure that all the kits (and projects) would find new homes, and the Meridian 009 range will therefore be split as follows:

The whitemetal kits including Meriparts and some other brass castings will be taken on by Neil Moss, who has been involved in the design of Meridian kits such as the Dick, Kerr petrol electric for some time.

The etched kits, including the MPD drive units, will be taken on by another long-time contributor to Meridian, Neil Sayer Models, except for the Baldwin Gas Mechanical which will be taken on by Stuart Brewer.

The plastic rolling stock kits, including the partially etched Talyllyn Railway coach No. 3, will be taken on by Stephen Fulljames at Narrow Planet, along with etched details such as the WDLR number plates.

It may take a little while for everything to become available again as the new manufacturers get up to speed, and replacements for some parts
also need to be sourced. They will each make further announcements of progress as they do so.

Thank you for all your support over the years, and happy modelling!

Pete Wilson 

• Like 1

• 5 years later...
  • RMweb Premium
6 hours ago, SomethingTrainLover said:

Sorry to dig up a 5 year old thread, but out of curiosity, what ever happened to the likes of the MM7 Corris No.4 kit?

The ex-Meridian loco kits are now mostly handled by Mosskito NG, who produce them in small batches so their availability comes and goes. The Corris No 4 kit has not yet been revived but this is a possibility for the future. Current production is available through the Narrow Planet marketplace.

https://www.narrowplanet.co.uk/collections/mosskito-narrow-gauge

• 2 years later...